Accessibility Widget: On | Off

For Sale '14 Giant Trance SX w Pike, Debonair

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2014 7:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2014 8:23 PM

For sale is my 2014 medium Giant Trance SX with numerous upgrades. I wanted to get the Trance SX Advanced (the carbon version), but due to availability, I got the aluminum one and spent about $2000 upgrading it. ($6000 total)
Bike is in great condition. I found a defect in the frame whilst cleaning it to sell, so Giant warrantied the entire frame! The color of the new frame is blue/silver, the same as the 2014 Trance 1.
So the frame and pivots are brand new with no rides on them. The seatpost is brand new, the shock is 3 months old, and the rest is in very good shape. I will take some pictures of the new frame ASAP.

The bike will be very thoroughly cleaned before shipping. My LBS replaced the fluid in the lowers of the fork, and put new seals in both the Shock and the Fork. (a few weeks ago they took apart the entire fork and bled the damper). The frame was also dissembled and every bearing was re-packed with grease.
This bike is really amazing, I am getting next years model as a replacement. With the 150/140 travel, the bike is comfortable doing everything from mellow trail rides to extremely aggressive trails. Bike has been very well taken care of. The shock is about 2 months old, it made such a huge difference, and it really compliments the Pike.

Link to Photo gallery (the pictures may not accurately reflect the build kit. The specs listed on this page are accurate)
Upgrades: (In order of importance)

Fork: Rockshox Pike 150 Solo Air (It has an extremely small scuff on the left stanchion, it is high up, and does Not cause the seal to leak, so it doesn't effect performance.)
Shock: Rockshox Monarch Plus Debonair (Only 2 months old) (The best air shock I have ever tried, better then even a Fox Float X!)
Brakes: Avid Elixir Trail 9 Carbon With 180, 180 rotors (Amazing brakes, have only had to bleed the rear brake once in the bikes 9 months of riding)

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Zee Short cage
Chainring: Raceface Narrow-Wide 32 Tooth chainring, Blue color. (I have the original 34 T Zee chainring brand new that I can include)
Chainguide: None
Bashguard: None
Cassette: XT Cassette (less then 10 rides on it, very lightly used)
Stem: TRUVATIV Hussefelt Stem 40mm
Handlebars: Kore Durox 760mm wide
Grips: ESI Chunky Silicone grips Blue (I can throw in the original Lockon Grips).
Headset: Cane Creek 40
Saddle: Stock Giant
Tires:
Front: Geax Goma 2.4
Rear: Bontrager SE4 Team 2.35

Everything else is stock.

The wheels are why this bike costs $4050, They are Giant-branded DT Swiss EX-1750 wheels (a $1200 wheelset) They are really light, but have been extremely durable. The rims have some minor scratches, and the rear rim has a small ding. Spokes are all good, and aside from the ding, they have been great (I have never broken a spoke).

The Giant Dropper post is one of the most reliable dropper posts available, and the cable can be routed internally or externally. It is infinitely adjustable, and runs on a cartridge system so if anything goes wrong, it's around $40 for a new cartridge.

Link to Original Specs: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/trance.sx.27.5/14834/66295/

All sales are final.

Buyer Pays Shipping $100

|