After we did this classy Revel Rascal in the old Klein Color "Deep Forest Green" it was time to get rowdy again!
So I decided to build a bike with the look of the 90‘s downhill race bikes. For me this is the golden age of downhill racing. There were so many crazy bikes and of course some crazy people too! What Missy "The Missile" Giove and Shaun "Napalm" Palmer did for our sport is priceless. Also the guys who manufactured their racing rockets did a great job. Let us think of John Parker, Brent Foes, Jeff Steber and David Turner. Their bikes are masterpieces and brought the sport further and further.
I have ridden many races with Intense bikes, so I decided to use Shaun Palmer‘s 1995 Intense M1 as a template for this bike.
Special thanks goes to Stefan from Cycleworks for the fabulous paintjob and all the oldschool stickers. We all wanted to have one of these Oakley stickers on our bikes back then...
Enjoy the bike and the memories of this great time.A little hint: The bike unfolds its full effect when you listen to music from Rage Against the Machine.
Marc Wohler-Simeon, Flowrider Racing
Photos by André Maurer
- Intend BC: brand new fork
- Extreme Racing Shox: Storia LOK V3 Shock with custom color spring
- Ceetec: C1 custom color saddle
- Onyx Racing Products hubs with Revel RW30 Carbon rims
- Cycleworks / Stefan Utz: Paintjob and oldschool stickers
All-New Enduro/Freeride Fork from Intend BC
This fork is a cnc-machined dream out of 7075 aluminum and probably the best fork you can buy for money. The result of 5 years of experience of suspension technology - a whole new fork. It can take any loads you submit it to. The friction of the whole system is as low as possible, the best seals and air spring design are combined with a chassis made out of high quality 7075 aluminum. Bolted together with high strength stainless steel bolts.
More information about the new fork will be announced by Intend in one week.
Wheels: Revel and ONYX RP / USA (Hubs / Carbon Rims)
The next generation of materials in the rim game.Lighter, stronger, made in America and 100% recyclable. The new Revel wheels just flipped the script. The same bike nerds who brought you Revel Bikes are proud to present Revel Wheels. These rims are made from the brand new Fusion-FiberTM technology developed and manufactured in an aerospace facility in southern Utah. There’s no environmentally harmful or brittle epoxy in this carbon - it is a toughened, high performance composite polymer that makes for a significantly more durable, lighter, and better riding wheel with a nice damped feel.
ONYX Racing Products Classic Hubs - Bike Hubs For Racers
Onyx racing hubs liberate your bike wheels and transform your ride. Onyx hubs transfer power from your pedals to your rear bike wheel instantly for faster acceleration and more control. Hybrid ceramic bearings reduce front and rear wheel rolling resistance to the point of disbelief. The patented sprag clutch design removes the play and clickety–clack of pawls against teeth in the rear hub to silence your coasting.
CEETEC / Switzerland (Carbon Bar / Rear Axle / Saddle / Seatclamp)
Handlebar DH C1
You know the Ceetec/Phenum Carbon Bar from our last bike. We think it‘s the best carbon bar money can buy.
- Width 800mm
- Rise 25mm
- Backsweep 7 degrees
- Weight 209 g
- Finish Carbon 3K
Axle C10 Carbon Custom
Just look at it ...
- Length 174mm custom color red and M12x1.75 thread, mounted by a 5mm Allen key
- Weight 32g
Saddle C1 fiber cover soft custom
- The best! The seat stability and therefore the power that can be achieved with this saddle is unique.
- Full carbon construction, together in a custom made red version.
- A Custom Made Thermo Memory Foam inside spends the perfect seat comfort.
- Width 148mm
- 90mm rail way for full adjustment
- Weight 152g
- Frame: Revel Rascal L
- Shock: EXT Racing Shox Storia LOK V3
- Fork: New Enduro/Freeride fork from Intend Bicycle Components
- Headset: Chris King DropSet
- Stem: RevGrips 50 / 31.8 mm, custom color raw
- Bar: Phenum / Ceetec C1 DH
- Grips: RevGrips Pro Series
- Seatpost: Yep Uptimizer 3.0
- Dropper Trigger: Paul Components
- Seatclamp: Ceetec C1 Carbon
- Seat: Ceetec C1 Fiber Cover Soft
- Wheels: Revel RW30 Rims, ONYX Classic hubs, Sapim CX-Ray Spokes
- Tires: Hutchinson Griffus Racing Lab
- Brakes: Braking
- Derailleur: Shimano XTR
- Shifter: Shimano XTR
- Chain: Shimano XTR
- Cranks: Ingrid Components CRS-G
- BB: Chris King
- Cassette: Ingrid 12S 48T10-NIP
- Pedals: TIME Speciale 12
- Axle: Ceetec C10 Carbon
- Valves: Peaty‘s