Ibis started from scratch and did a full reboot. Everything is new.
The Mojo gave way to the Mojo SL which led to the Mojo HD. What Ibis learned from the continual development of all those bikes was combined, and the result is the Mojo SL-R: a phenomenally light, startlingly stiff trail bike.
• 140mm rear wheel travel, dw-link suspension
• Carbon fiber monocoque frame and swingarm
• Kashima coated Fox Float RP23 with Adaptive Logic Boost Valve technology comes as standard equipment
• Tapered head tube, makes the bike feel very close in stiffness to a HD 140
• Cane Creek AngleSet compatible, so the head angle can go down to 67.5o
• Mojo HD style cable routing with new molded carbon cable stops and provisions for cable-actuated adjustable seat posts
• Compatible with the Mojo HD downtube cable rock guard
• The new direct mount front derailleur provides increased compatibility with 2 x 10 drivetrains
• BB92/Press GXP style integrated BB is lighter and stiffer and better for molding
• Carbon fiber post-mount rear brake mounts
• 142mm Maxle rear axle provides high axle stiffness with QR ease of wheel removal and installation
• The new chain suck plate has more coverage
• Geometry is unchanged from the Mojo SL but now has AngleSet compatibility for head angle adjustability
• Titanium fasteners abound
• Links interchangeable with Mojo SL links
• Best of all, target weight for the frame is sub 5 pounds (2250g) for a large matte clear with Kashima RP23
• Complete bike with XTR in size large weighs 22.4 lbs
• MSRP $2499
• Deliveries begin June 2011
Want a chance to win the new Mojo SL-R? Raffle tickets are just $5 and all proceeds benefit the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship.