Shocks, Pegs, AND a Motor?! What Will Audi Think Up Next?
Watch as Julien Dupont rips around on the Audi concept e-bike. Would you rally it?
Check out some of the specs on this thing. They're actually quite impressive:
- 26-inch wheels made from CFRP that weigh only 600 grams each
- Carbon-fiber frame weighs only 1,600 grams (3.53 lb)
- Electric motor is a permanent magnet synchronous machine located and drives the bottom bracket shaft directly
- Maximum torque at the rear wheel is in the region of 250 Nm (184.39 lb-ft)
- Peak output from the electric motor is 2.3 kW
- Rider's can choose between five programs: Pure, Pedelec, eGrip, Wheelie, and Power Wheelie modes
- Top speed of 50MPH with a distance of 31-44 miles