Credit: VP USA
VP Components is happy to tease you with this hot video for the VP EnduroFest at the Dirt Club p/b Kali Protectives which will take place on April 27th in Los Olivos, CA.
GO TO: www.vp-usa.com/enduro for more info and course videos!
Here is the short story: we love riding bikes all day, we love racing, we love going fast on mountain bikes... so we made a race where you ride all day and go fast on your mountain bike! We started doing races last year and its been great to grow and learn how to make enduro a reality in our backyard and to be a part of creating a sustainable sport... special thanks to the sponsors who have been on board from day one through three events... KENDA, MRP, TRP Brakes, Cane Creek, SR Suntour, Decline, Vital MTB.. you guys are the best... and we also welcome all the new sponsors: DZR Shoes, KMC Chain, 100%, Loeka, Shredly, Hitcase, Ergon, Alex Rims... and yeah, thanks to past sponsors DirtRag, X Fusion, Body Armor, THE, Novatec, LightNMotion, WTB, Nema, Kore, Adidas, Time, Osprey, Gamut, KHS, Mountain Khakis, CleanBottle...
For the $45 entry fee, you get 8 timed stages and a big day on the bike. Afterwards, you get our world famous grilled tri-tip sammies with beans and beers- and if you are fast you get prizes. Prizes are: $1000 to top ten Pro Men, $1000 to top ten Pro Women and prizes to the top ten in each of the following categories: Expert Men, Expert Women, Sport Men, Sport Women, Sport Master 35+, Beginner Men, Beginner Women, Junior Men, Junior Women.
We will offer day-of registration, but be advised that all entries after April 20th will be charged a later reg fee... so reg early, or not... but come race so we can make enduro huge...
The racing will be fun and our sponsors treat you right- ask around... the racing is easy to get to- just 5 minutes off the US101 near Santa Barbara, CA. Riders in the LA and Central Coast areas can drive up in the AM and be home by bed time!... sweet... you can also camp at the race course Friday night to get some pre-rides in and register on-site to beat the rush on race-day registration.
The ENDURO FORMAT
The format will be the same as our last event since it was so well received. It is based on WRC Auto Rally and European MTB Enduros. Our event will feature predominantly downhill timed special stages linked together by non-timed liaison stages. Each rider will complete the courses on the same bike without shuttles or lifts, riding along through check-points to the start of each timed special stage.
Basic Procedure and Rules
· Each rider will be allowed only one bike for the entire race.
· The winner will be the rider with the lowest combined time in the timed Special Stages including penalties.
· Each rider will be required to carry a time card that the officials will use for scoring.
· Each rider will have as much time as they need to cover the liaison stages.
· Riders start in groups and set out on the course following the order of time checks. The rider’s time at each check will be noted on the time card as well as any penalty.
· When a rider reaches the start of a timed special stage he/she will be given a start time and will complete the course alone in the lowest possible time.
· We will score and award prizes for PRO MEN and PRO WOMEN, EXPERT MEN, EXPERT WOMEN, SPORT MEN, SPORT 35+, SPORT WOMEN, BEGINNER MEN, BEGINNER WOMEN, JUNIOR MEN, and JUNIOR WOMEN.