5/10/2013 2:50 PM
iceman2058's videos 813 - 819 of 1166 « Previous Next »
Slam Bam, Thank You Mam (Explicit Language)
Teaser: Rob’s World Cup Diary
Specialized SRAM Enduro Series #2 - Riva del Garda
The Wheels of Industry
Gee Atherton at Revolution Bike Park - Llangynog, Wales
Why I Ride
5/14/2013 11:12 PM
He should probably not try clips.......and this is the only helmet cam footage I have watched without scanning through. thoroughly entertaining
5/13/2013 12:49 PM
"good camera angle, oh, its a great angle". best reaction to a fall that would have had most of us layed out.
5/13/2013 1:07 PM
Yeah, I was hoping to catch someone there eating it. I didn't think it'd be me... Did the exact same move a couple weekends ago at the same spot...
5/13/2013 7:38 AM
some of those tech sections are gnarly! after hearing this vid I feel much better about my use of profanity when I ride!
5/12/2013 11:22 PM
Awesome video! We've all been there, thanks for letting us laugh WITH you. May your 2013 video be much shorter.
5/12/2013 7:59 AM
THANKS, VitalMTB! Never thought my videos would see 500 views let alone 5000!
For the haters out there: Yeah, I suck. But, I'm not so bad on a good day. As the title suggests this was my best (and worst) of 2012. This is every wreck I had that year along with some of the successes. Nearly every wreck you've seen has been preceeded or followed by MANY cleanings of the exact same obstacle so I do alright on my good days. If you looked through some of my other videos you'd see that. Considering the miles I put in the wreck to mileage ratio is pretty low. And, considering my 2011 Greatest Hits was 10 minutes and this is only 6:30 I'd say I'm improving
Locations were South Mountain (National, 24th St, Holbert, Geronimo, Old Man), Phoenix Mountains Preserve (Trail 100, 1A, 302 (Hairball & Cheese Grater), 220 (Chutes), Irregular, VOAZ), with little Flagstaff (Upper & Lower Wasabi, Double D) thrown in.
I'll comment on some of the comments:
- If my bike could swear I would not like it any longer 'cause it would certainly hate me.
- I get a lesson every time I ride whether I want it or not.
- Riding outside our skill level is how we get better. I've never felt like I was dangerously outside my skill level (maybe I was), but certainly I'm just beyond it on often. And, since I'm still alive and can clean everything in that video (usually) I'd say it's working.
- I used to ride SPDs but when I started riding the more technical stuff with some MTBR buddies I decided to give flats another try after 20 years. Can't imagine ever going back to SPDs.
- Milagrosa? Man, I was so disappointed with my fitness level on that ride (HaB heavy) I haven't even looked at all that video. I've actually got quite a few videos to make but not so much time.
- I've broken the J Mount on the chesty many times and replaced the lens on the case 3 or 4 times. The lenses are toast when you smack 'em but some Gorilla Glue on the J Mount makes it good as new. When I plan on filming I bring 3 GoPros as well as an extra case or two and some lenses.
- Laughing at myself? YES, this guy gets it. We all like watching videos of great riders but deep down we all love seeing the wrecks. That's why I display them proudly. Everyone needs a good laugh and I don't mind being that guy 'cause I'm having a great time while giving everyone a laugh, including myself.
In short, if you watched this and your first thoughts are "what a dumbass" or "this guy sucks" then you've totally missed the point of the video and I kinda feel bad for you. Lighten up, Francis!
5/12/2013 7:25 AM
Been there my friend....f$&k me! Classic.
5/12/2013 7:24 AM
5/11/2013 10:00 PM
This guy IS mountain biking. Work hard. Play hard. With a lot of $%#! in between.
5/11/2013 4:55 PM
Those rocks look owie. At least he didnt hit a cactus. Is this in tuscon?
5/11/2013 3:53 PM
he stands up back again after each fall...
5/11/2013 3:15 PM
Funny shit and i really like the the stealth berps thrown in too . Some of that low speed teck stuff looked looked nasty if you get i wrong . Poor bike .
5/11/2013 7:07 AM
Awesome vid!! Haven't laughed this much in a while! This guy has a ton of stoke and is out there riding his bike and pushing his limits and comfort zone! Kudos to him!
5/11/2013 12:08 AM
Give the dude a break. That is not an easy trail in anyone's book. He's out there doing it, unlike the dickheads sitting on their arses on the internet making snide comments. I'd love to see the smart arses on that trail, showing everyone how to do it...not.....
5/10/2013 11:34 PM
"What the Fu*k? oh I remember this. " bwhahahah. His poor wrists. What a bad ass.
5/10/2013 11:28 PM
Fook Mi, Fook U, funny vid, maybe that guy needs a 29er, trails did look tough though. Still he was pretty tense when the going got tough, Id say relax and flow a bit more, straight arm and leg syndrome gonna do that everytime, still balls of a dump truck to make and star in that vid haha.
5/10/2013 8:42 PM
Mouth of a sailor, heart of a biker. lol
5/10/2013 8:38 PM
Good riding and nice chest mount angle on the cam. Have you broken the camera from landing on it?
5/10/2013 8:24 PM
That Akrigg video was cool and all, but this is, hands down, the best bike video I've ever watched.
5/10/2013 6:58 PM
I rode Milagrosa with him a few weeks ago. Nice guy. First dude I had seen riding with 2 Go Pros. Big Mike FTW
5/10/2013 5:49 PM
I suppose he shouldn't try clip ins?