Transcontinental Headliners 2 - Squaw Valley 1999 World Cup 10

One time and one time only. The UCI World Cup races on the granite mountainsides of Squaw Valley, California.

Credit: with permission from Taylor Congdon and TEC Films
  • rallysmurf

3/2/2016 3:03 PM

I walked that track after the race. There was a square edged rock chute that I had to turn around to "climb" down. Parts of that track was the hardest I've even been on.

• KiloMike

2/24/2016 4:17 PM

Just had my old VHS tape transferred to DVD! This video is what got me stoked on DH and mtn bikes in general. I so wanted that cannondale fulcrum. How is it that we haven't had a WC on the west coast ever since? Mammoth or Squaw would be awesome!

• kitsobrightlookslikemyPJs

3/3/2016 7:15 PM

Where did you get your vhs transfered? I have one and would love to watch again!

• dust

2/24/2016 1:48 PM

Nice, makes me want a VCR.

• Nozes

2/23/2016 3:25 PM

...and now they race "downhill" in Fontana. Someone killed american mtb racing along the way.

• pancakeflatted

2/22/2016 7:19 PM

wonder how today's riders and bikes would fare on this course? looks like I'd be walking it down a fair share of what in that video....

• Big Bird

2/22/2016 5:44 PM

Good old narrow bars. When I raced there I ended up with 60 psi in my tires to avoid flats. No joke. Hey Vital, can we get Telluride next? Is there even any good footage of that race?

• jive turkey

2/22/2016 11:32 AM

Does it get any Frencher than Cedric's lower lip stud?

• greenie21

2/22/2016 9:20 AM

That race was sick. Put kovarik on the map getting 2nd behind nico on a 6inch travel lobo!

• glucia805

2/22/2016 9:11 AM

Ahhhh the good old days!

Hello Vital MTB Visitor,

We’re conducting a survey and would appreciate your input. Your answers will help Vital and the MTB industry better understand what riders like you want. Survey results will be used to recognize top brands. Make your voice heard!

Five lucky people will be selected at random to win a Vital MTB t-shirt.

Thanks in advance,