Transcontinental Headliners 2 - Squaw Valley 1999 World Cup 10

One time and one time only. The UCI World Cup races on the granite mountainsides of Squaw Valley, California.

Credit: with permission from Taylor Congdon and TEC Films
  • rallysmurf

3/2/2016 3:03 PM

I walked that track after the race. There was a square edged rock chute that I had to turn around to "climb" down. Parts of that track was the hardest I've even been on.

• KiloMike

2/24/2016 4:17 PM

Just had my old VHS tape transferred to DVD! This video is what got me stoked on DH and mtn bikes in general. I so wanted that cannondale fulcrum. How is it that we haven't had a WC on the west coast ever since? Mammoth or Squaw would be awesome!

• kitsobrightlookslikemyPJs

3/3/2016 7:15 PM

Where did you get your vhs transfered? I have one and would love to watch again!

• dust

2/24/2016 1:48 PM

Nice, makes me want a VCR.

• Nozes

2/23/2016 3:25 PM

...and now they race "downhill" in Fontana. Someone killed american mtb racing along the way.

• pancakeflatted

2/22/2016 7:19 PM

wonder how today's riders and bikes would fare on this course? looks like I'd be walking it down a fair share of what in that video....

• Big Bird

2/22/2016 5:44 PM

Good old narrow bars. When I raced there I ended up with 60 psi in my tires to avoid flats. No joke. Hey Vital, can we get Telluride next? Is there even any good footage of that race?

• jive turkey

2/22/2016 11:32 AM

Does it get any Frencher than Cedric's lower lip stud?

• greenie21

2/22/2016 9:20 AM

That race was sick. Put kovarik on the map getting 2nd behind nico on a 6inch travel lobo!

• glucia805

2/22/2016 9:11 AM

Ahhhh the good old days!