Adam Brayton, Innerleithen British Downhill Series winner, had a rough go at the Fort William World Cup. Very early during the first practice session, he broke his collarbone. We were all gutted for him. Prior to that, however, he broke down the build on his Hope Factory Racing Specialized Demo 8. #gastoflat all day long!
Brayton's Bike Specs
- Specialized S-Works Demo 8 (or Demolition 8 as Brayton likes to call it!)
- 2014 Fox 40 Float Fork
- 2014 Fox DHX RC4 rear shock with RCS Ti spring
- Hope Pro 2 hubs laced up to Stan's ZTR Flow rims
- Specialized Butcher DH 2.3 tires
- Hope V4 Factory Brakes, 203mm front rotor, 185mm rotor rear
- Hope Eternity Seatpost
- Shimano Saint Cranks
- Shimano Saint Rear Derailleur
- Brayton runs a Shimano SLX shifter because he likes the one-click shifting
- Shimano Ultegra casette 11-23 during time of bike check. When Adam gets back on the bike, they should have the Hope Micro-cassette hub and driver ready, which features only 7 gears but runs with 10-speed spacing. Gear range is 10-17 tooth. It will allow for a 32t chainring up front for extra clearance.
- Renthal 36t Chainring
- e13 LG1+ Chainguide
- Renthal Integra Direct Mount Stem, 50mm
- Renthal Fatbar Handlebars, 20mm rise, 730mm width
- Renthal slip-on grips, but using a lock-on clamp to keep the grip from sliding in.
Credit: Joe Bowman / Steel City Media