Introducing RockShox Vivid Air Rear Downhill Shock
RockShox released the Vivid Air rear downhill shock today at Sea Otter. Check out the video with Jeremiah Boobar and audio from Mick Hannah, one of the main testers to learn about this trick new damper.
Info from RockShox For the first time an air rear shock able to tackle World Cup downhill competition.
* New Solo Air Spring
* Hot Rod Thermal Compensating Adjuster Rod for Fade Free Performance
* True DH performance in an air shock
* Over 400g lighter than Vivid coil!
* New Solo Air system for super supple performance
External adjustment for:
* Beginning stroke rebound
* Ending stroke rebound
* Low speed compression
* Spring rate (via air pressure)
* Hot Rod thermal compensation
Things to Remember
* Bona fide DH performance in an air shock
* Hot Rod Thermal Compensating Adjuster Rod
* Lighter, cheaper and more adjustable than Ti
Configurations 240 x 76 (9.5 x 3.0), 229 x 70 mm (9.0 x 2.75 in), 222 x 70
(8.75 x 2.75), 216 x 63.5 (8.5 x 2.5), 200 x 57 (7.875 x 2.25)
Spring Solo Air
Spring Adjust Air pressure via single Schrader valve