Michael Hoenisch and Guy French let us check out their prototype 2011 Specialized P3 dirt jumpers. Michael runs gears, Guy runs singlespeed. Here's the rundown.
- 2011 P3 will be frameset only, P2 will be sold as completes.
- Frame weight, 4.7lbs
- Frame price, $500, includes headset, seat, post and rear dropout hardware for SS or gears.
- Tapered headtube designed around integrated headset.
- 69 degree head angle, 1/2 degree steeper than 2010.
- 12.25-inch bottom bracket height, raised from 2010.
- They removed the 6mm offset from the rear end to better accomodate aftermarket SS rear hubs.
- Strengthened junction at seat tube/top tube/seat stays.
- Cable guides for full shifter and brake housing.
- Lower standover than 2010 P series frames.
- 22.5-inch top tube length.