Laurie Greenland is the silver medalist from the 2016 Downhill World Champs in Val di Sole, Italy. His race run down the steep and brutal course stood up to the pressure of the best riders in the game until his team mate, Danny Hart came down to victory. At the ripe, young age of just 19 (for a few more weeks), Laurie turned heads with a stellar season in the Elite class this year. Learn a bit about one of mountain biking's newest World Champs medal holders as he handles the dreaded 17.
- Have you been keeping an eye on the global price of silver ever since Val di Sole?
- Everyone knew your ripped, but now that you’re no longer under the radar, is 2017 going to be heavier for you?
- Skate, moto and downhill. Put them in order of your top 3 favorite things?
- When you were a grom (well, you still are), who's style did you want to emulate on a bike?
- What’s the whole MacQueen thing about?
- Tell us some team rumor gossip.
- At Val di Sole, when did you know “it was on” - that you had a shot?
- How does someone so young have so much confidence in your ability?
- When did you first ride a mountain bike?
- What was your first mountain bike?
- How does the World Cup track line up for 2017 make you feel?
- Who’s the most under-rated DH rider out there right now?
- Thrasher or The Berrics?
- Who do you hate being beaten by at a race?
- If you were to give a promising MTB grom some advice, what would it be?
- If you could do one race over again, what would it be?
- Wouldn't you rather be doing that race over right now than answering these dumb questions?
Stay tuned for Laurie Greenland's Vital RAW dropping this Friday, only on Vital MTB.