SRAM Introduces New X0/X9/X7 Triggers and All-New X7 RD with Clutch
SRAM has just dropped us some information on what's coming up in shifting for 2014 - aside from a new trigger design, the big story is clutch technology making its way onto the X7 rear derailleur. We're big fans of these new types of derailleurs, as they offer significant performance benefits on the trail, and to see them become more affordable is great news!
NEW X7 TYPE 2 REAR DERAILLEUR
Trickle down technology at work - 2 years after the introduction of the Type II derailleur design on the X0 platform, the same technology has made its way down to the mid-range X7 platform. That basically means you can buy last year's X9 derailleur at X7 pricing, which is good news all around.
X7 Type 2 Rear Derailleur Overview
ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ Technology:
- A one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent shifting
- Needle bearing
- 360 degree clutch force for reliability and durability
- TYPE 2’s clutch force comes factory calibrated by SRAM
- Consistent shifting feel
CAGE LOCK™ Technology:
SRAM TYPE 2 lets you push your cage forward and lock it into place with the push of a button. This creates slack, removing all tension from the chain. With CAGE LOCK,TYPE 2 makes wheel removal and installation—as well as chain installation—easier than before.
- Push the cage forward — creating slack —and lock it in place.
- The chain stays perfectly loose, letting the derailleur swing out of the way. When you’re ready to ride again, simply unlock the cage and go.
X7 Type Derailleur Specifications:
- Exact Actuation for precise and dependable 10-speed performance
- Focused chassis design for all conditions and usage
- 36-tooth cassette capable
- 3 cage lengths available: short, medium and long
- MSRP: $89
- Availability: May 2013
X0/X9/X7 TRIGGER SHIFTER UPGRADES
2014 sees a complete re-design of the triggers, with zero loss shifting and a smaller form factor across the range, as well as a number of other features:
- XX Internals
- X0 Features
- Adjustable Pull Lever for X0
- Zero Loss Travel
- Ball Bearing Pull Lever
- X7 Quick Cable Change
- MMX Compatible
- Colors Available
The features are distributed within the range as follows:
|XX Internals||Ball Bearing||Zero Loss||Smaller Package||Carbon|
The new triggers will be available in May, at the following prices: