Morpheus Cycles Shows Off New Carbon Downhill Frame
Several months ago we were sent plans for this frame. Today Morpheus Cycles released photos of the real deal.
What makes this frame fairly unique is how the adjustments are made - by screwing the shock mounts in or out, the travel, bb height, and head angle can be changed in very small increments.
- Full carbon fiber with kevlar layer
- Internal cable routing with aluminum guide tubes
- Infinite travel adjustment from 180mm to 225 mm
- Infinite bottom bracket adjustment from 13.6 to 14.6 inches
- Infinite chainstay adjustments from 16.5 to 18.0 inches (uses similar stays to their slope bikes)
- Zero chain growth thanks to the concentric bb pivot (single speed anyone?)
- Infinite head angle adjustments from 62.8 to 65.5 degrees
- 27.5 inch standover height
- Full build shown here is 32.3 pounds
Morpheus is expecting a release date of December this year. Retail price is estimated to be $3300 with a shock.
You'll likely see Mitch Chubey and Anthony Messere piloting it soon. Side note: Messere riding downhill?! Could be sweet...