Dislike Lightning Bolts? The New Troy Lee Designs DRONE A1 Helmet is for You
When Troy Lee's highly anticipated A1 helmet launched early this year, it launched with the classic TLD flair we all know and (most) love. Not everyone is into metal flake and lightning bolts, though, and TLD knows this. Enter the DRONE.
The subtle graphics on the new limited edition DRONE colorway bring it down to $139, versus $165 or $185 for the blinged out metal flake models. This model also lacks a helmet bag, which helps tone down the price a bit. The $46 you'll save is enough coin to help fuel a winter road trip with your buddies to a warmer riding destination. Might we suggest Laguna Beach? Be sure to stop by TLD's Boutique and Design Center while you're there.
A1 Helmet Features
- Single piece, ultra plush, removable and washable comfort liner made of anti-microbial moisture wicking material for a dry, comfortable feel.
- Fully adjustable moto inspired visor comes with anodized aluminum hardware and will block the sun and protect you from branches.
- Triple position adjustable retention system allows you to customize the fit of your helmet depending on your type of eyewear, head shape and riding style. If you wear goggles or glasses, this helmet can be adjusted to fit your needs and still keep you secure and protected.
- Reinforced polycarbonate shell in-molded with the EPS liner extends down the sides and back of the head for maximum protection and durability.
- Eight pressurized intake passages draw in cool air for maximum ventilation.
- Eight rear vacuum vortex outlets help exhaust and draw heat from your head.
The DRONE will be in stock with dealers and at www.troyleedesigns.com this week, just in time for holiday season.
Curious what makes the A1 rock and how it came to life? Don't miss our First Look feature from January, when the helmet launched to the public: