First Look: The All-New Santa Cruz SOLO (5010) Trail Bike
Big news just in via Santa Cruz Bikes, they've got another new bike ready to roll! Specs, photos, and more after this must watch Peaty vid...
With Bronson-mania still at full throttle, you'd be forgiven for thinking Santa Cruz had burned out on big launches for the year. But the story has just begun. Solo pushes further into the realms of 27.5" possibilities. Developed using what Santa Cruz learned from the Bronson, it takes the design platform in a different direction.
The low 13.1-inch bottom bracket height, shorter chainstays and 125mm of progressive VPP; suspension give Solo its snappy, nimble, ride. A 68-degree head angle adds climbing agility into the equation, while a 5-pound carbon frame weight define Solo as the tool for that back country mission you've always planned.
Responsibly offered in Black and Mountain Rescue Orange, Solo goes where no bike has gone before.
The Solo will also be available in an aluminum version, starting at $3299 complete.
- 125mm VPP suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Frame Weight: 2295g (5.06lbs) for size M, carbon
- 142mm rear axle spacing
- 2x bottle cage mounts
- Forged upper and lower links
- Double sealed pivots with grease ports for low maintenance
- Collet axle pivots and angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Standard or Direct mount rear derailleur option
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- 73mm threaded bb: creak-free riding and easy installation
- Molded rubber frame protection
Note that compared to the 26-inch Blur TRc, the seat tube has been steepened a half degree to offer a better pedaling position. The shock rate has been altered slightly as well, allowing it to sit further up in its travel and again pedal a bit better. One additional thing that we're pleased to see is a shorter seat tube length for each size, allowing riders that opt for a larger frame to still run a dropper post with 5+ inches of adjustment.
- Carbon: Matte Carbon/Grey or Gloss Orange/White
- Aluminum: Gloss white/grey or gloss orange/blue
- 12 ENVE decal choices
- Standard:32 Float 130 CTD Evolution
- Upgrade: 32 Float 130 CTD Adjust Kashima
- Standard: Custom tuned Fox Float CTD Evolution
- Upgrade: Custom tuned Float CTD Adjust Boost Valve Kashima
Looking good! We'll be giving the new Solo a good thrashing in the hills of Scotland next week. Stay tuned for our first ride impressions, and be sure to hit up www.santacruzbikes.com for more details.