First Look: ￼9point8 Pulse Stepper Seatpost 9
Lifetime warranty on an adjustable seatpost? Sounds crazy, right? Well ￼9point8, a new company from Ontario, is offering just that on their new Pulse.
Available in 30.9 and 31.6 mm diameters, the seatpost is also unique in the way it works, allowing the rider to 'step' down in 5mm increments or drop the full 100mm with a tug on the unique trigger. Here's an overview of how it works:
- 100mm of stroke with steps in 5mm increments, or full-drop any time (Patent Pending)
- Convertible between inline and offset configurations (with purchase of conversion kit)
- Install / remove the trigger without removing grips or controls
- State-of-the-art vertical, fore-aft, left-right anti- backlash design
- ￼Independent adjustment of the seat angle and seat fore/aft position
- Micro-adjustable seat angle
- Telescopic lock in push and pull (go ahead, pick up your bike by the saddle)
- Advanced sealing technologies to keep the fluids in, and the elements out
- Excellent design, durability, and warranty
- Designed, engineered, prototyped, assembled, and tested in Canada
- Many key parts are billet machined from high-strength, lightweight materials
The price on the Pulse is $499. It will be available in late June, 2013. 9point8 operates on a consumer direct basis, so don't expect to see this one for sale in shops. Instead, visit www.9point8.ca for more details or to purchase.