First Look: 2013 Diamondback Scapegoat
Is it 2013 yet? Because we'd really like to swing a leg over some of the new bikes that have been launched recently. Here's another one that we're interested in - the 2013 Diamondback Scapegoat. This 160mm frame has good geometry numbers, a great build kit, and definitely looks the part. Coupled with a 180mm Fox fork, it'll probably handle just about anything on the way back down.
Diamondback DF5 team rider, Kelly Mcgarry, gives us an overview of the gravity inspired 2013 Scapegoat at the Diamondback 2013 product launch in Park City, Utah:
Frame wise, not much is new for 2013, but the build kit is getting a few big upgrades. Right out the door it's spec'd with some impressive parts that you can trust.
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame
- Tapered headtube
- 66-degree head angle
- ISCG 05 tabs
- Knucklebox suspension platform
- Full-length seat tube
- 142x12mm thru-axle
- Full-length downtube cable routing
- Single-sided hardware
- Easton Havoc UST compatible wheelset
- Shimano Saint 4 piston Hydraulic Disc Brakes (8” front/7”rear)
- 10-speed Shimano XTR drivetrain
- Gravity Lite single ring crankset and guide
- Easton Havoc Post, Handlebar and 50mm stem
Dig what you see? Diamondback is giving away a complete 2013 Scapegoat to one lucky rider! Just cruise over to diamondback.com/2013-scapegoat-launch to enter. It's easy.