Superlight Tubes for Steve Peat's DH Bike at Fort William? 12

5 of 18

wide size

Superlight Tubes for Steve Peat's DH Bike at Fort William? - 2013 Fort William World Cup Pit Bits - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

We can't tell if the anonymous media is having fun with us or not, but Steve Peat is reportedly running these tubes at Fort William and his total bike weight is somewhere in the 33-pound range. Taking the piss or pulling out all the stops? You decide.

Related:

• C48_mg_7185
  • C48_ft13_v8a6733
  • C48_mg_0456
  • C48_ft13_v8a6717
  • andrew.c.eunson

6/7/2013 6:36 PM

Once upon a time Panaracer had polyurethane tubes. Very light, did not stretch much so sizing had to closely match the tire size. Very light and hard to puncture but they seemed to have disappeared.

• sspomer

6/7/2013 4:56 PM

FYI, i'm listening to audio from Peaty for today's slideshow right now. he got a flat in his timed practice run. bummer. stay tuned for the slideshow in a couple hours.

• rocketmatt17

6/7/2013 3:19 PM

I ran one set all season of the large Foss tubes. They were 100g each

• xc2dh99

6/7/2013 3:00 PM

For dh? Are you crazy ?

• Chuck Norris

6/7/2013 1:38 PM

I have not approved the use of these tubes at the Fort William WC track.

• bikeluvnfoo

6/7/2013 10:21 AM

seems like a good idea to me as competetive as the world cup DH is, if you stray of line and risk a flat your probably not going to win anyway so may as well take all the chances you can

• rocketmatt17

6/7/2013 7:57 AM

I have tried the Foss version of those tubes and they work better than the regular tubes I was running on my DH bike. well worth the $. Just as light as tubeless but with out all the goo

• Mr. P

6/7/2013 7:53 AM

That would seem like more risk than reward on what riders have been saying about those.

Besides, I thought they used inflated sheep stomachs in Fort William.

P

• Darrel

6/7/2013 9:58 AM

No, that's lunch

• Big Bird

6/7/2013 7:36 AM

I forget if it was Vital or Dirt (I guess it must have been Dirt.) that had a story about them and said the had pretty good anti flat properties and are super light.

• MattPatt

6/7/2013 1:59 PM

I've tried Eclipse tubes twice, and within about a month both times, they developed small, slow-leaks, and I couldn't find a patch kit, so ditched them. Nice on paper and in theory, in practice, for the cost, not worth it.

• ryan_daugherty

6/7/2013 7:02 AM

I wanted to try these on my Rune but can't find them in the States. the UK Distributor wouldn't return my calls or emails either. No good.

Hello Vital MTB Visitor,

We’re conducting a survey and would appreciate your input. Your answers will help Vital and the MTB industry better understand what riders like you want. Survey results will be used to recognize top brands. Make your voice heard!

Five lucky people will be selected at random to win a Vital MTB t-shirt.

Thanks in advance,