mophie Announces Nationwide Availability of OutRide
Accessory Leader Transforms the iPhone 4/4S into an Action Sports Camera
Santa Ana, Calif. (Dec. 4, 2012)—Today, mophie™ announced the availability of OutRide, the wide-angle, waterproof mounting system that eliminates the need for a dedicated action sports camera. The OutRide, when paired with the free OUTRIDE app, leverages the existing technology of the iPhone and gives users the ability to record, edit and immediately share their point-of-view, no matter how extreme the conditions.
OutRide is now available at mophie.com and the App is immediately available for download in the App Store. An Apple-exclusive edition of OutRide is also available, in all white with a silver aluminum bezel.
“The OutRide lets athletes use their iPhone beyond the limits, enabling them to record, edit and share images and video instantly, on all terrain and under all conditions,” said Ross Howe, vice president of marketing at mophie. “The hardware, combined with the growing OUTRIDE community for video sharing makes for a complete solution that is unlike anything else on the market.”
Retailing for $149.95, key features of the OutRide include:
Turns the iPhone into a Dedicated Action Sports Camera—Bundling the case, OUTRIDE app and mounts, gives users the option to transform their iPhone 4 or 4S into a dedicated action sports camera. Features include:
- High-impact, water-proof and lightweight polycarbonate housing protects the iPhone in any scenario
- Wide-angle lens features a 170 degree viewing angle that’s optimized for recording and is available in all white with a silver aluminum bezel exclusively at Apple or in all black with a red aluminum bezel at mophie.com
Whether you have a passion for snowboarding, surfing, motocross or skate, there is a custom quick-release mount that will fit your sport, allowing recording at any angle
Capture, Edit and Share—Free on the App store, the OUTRIDE app is the only dedicated action sports community to capture and share rides with friends, followers and professional athletes from around the globe, on-the-go:
- Personal Profile—Upload your profile, location, and save custom channels by sport, location, user, or combination
- Capture—Shoot in hi-def at 60FPS in 720p and 30FPS in 1080p both vertically or horizontally, edit and upload directly from the iPhone
- View—Custom settings allows for a unique viewing experience, and provides notifications for new comments, followers and uploads from friends
- Share—Share content with friends through email, text and other social networks, including YouTube where videos uploaded can be directly linked
- Search—Community based sharing allows users to search for videos by user, sport, and location, and to browse, like and comment on user videos and photos
mophie is an award-winning designer and manufacturer of accessories that let consumers do more with their portable devices. From the action sports enthusiast to the business professional, student and outdoorsman, mophie products fit into the lives of those who rely on smartphones and tablets to stay connected. mophie products are available in more than 100 countries, and can be purchased in Apple stores worldwide, AT&T, Best Buy, Verizon, Sprint, and on www.mophie.com. Follow mophie on Twitter, Facebook or on Instagram.