Interactive Red Bull Rampage Puts Fans in Control 2
Santa Monica, CA – September 26, 2013 – This year the world’s most challenging freeride downhill mountain bike contest will present a new and innovative user experience leading into, during and after the event to allow fans to get involved like never before. With an in-depth web series, live voting and a groundbreaking digital experience in partnership with Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, fans can experience Rampage from every angle.
New for 2013
- Each year only about a thousand lucky fans get to attend Red Bull Rampage in person, set in the remote landscape of the Southern Utah desert, which requires miles of hiking, hill climbing and getting down in the dirt to watch their favorite athletes defy gravity and showcase their next-generation progressive tricks. Now the hundreds of thousands of fans around the world who tune into the live webcast (1pm MT, October 13th) can feel like they are in the heart of the action, with live voting and a prize given for Red Bull Bike People’s Choice immediately after the event.
- Enhanced on-screen experience also allows for chat where fans can comment and discuss what runs (or crashes) were best
- Heats-on-demand available shortly after the athletes finish their line. Simply log on to www.redbull.com/rampage to experience and follow @redbullbike to get the live links to each heat as soon as they’re available.
- Red Bull in partnership with Microsoft’s Internet Explorer will be showcasing a new immersive and interactive web experience that will bring Rampage to life online like never before, so be sure to check the site for more details as the event gets closer.
- Before the event, get caught up to speed on all the key story lines, training, trials and tribulations it takes to make it to the big event in the Road to Rampage web series, premiering every other Wednesday on Youtube.com/redbull between now and December 18th.
In addition to the online experience, fans can tune in on December 21st to the broadcast of Red Bull Rampage on NBC at 2:30 pm ET, presented by Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE and brought to you in partnership with Dodge Dart, GoPro, the Utah Sports Commission, Specialized and Oakley. The show airs as part of the Red Bull Signature Series, the most progressive action sports property in the world, featuring some of Red Bull’s top events including Crashed Ice, Ultra Natural, Wake Open, Dreamline and Joyride. For more information, please visit www.redbullsignatureseries.com.