What's your bike maintenance schedule like?

sspomer
Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 2:58am
i always feel guilty about the lack of bike maintenance i perform on my bike. thankfully i'm not riding in harsh elements very often, so keeping the drivetrain lubed, checking bolts and keeping pressures dialed is what i do on a regular basis.

i'm curious to see what kind of maintenance routines some of you have. do you have any tricks or tips to keep things more efficient when working on your bike?

|
jp.gales
5/28/2014 7:12am
I check tire pressure nearly before every longer ride, fork and shock pressure once a week or so (normally ride 4 times a week).
Lube the chain and check bolts around twice a week.
Do a complete bikecheck once a monthe or before every race. A complete teardown twice or three times a year including suspension service and branke bleeding
Rnauth1418
5/28/2014 8:08am
Does your maintainable regimen change if you hose wash the bike?

After washing regimen:
Right now I'm doing a full clean and lube of the drivetrain (includes pulling off the jockey gears), clean and lube stanchions, relube pedal pivots.

Between washing:
Clean and lube drivetrain.

About every 6 months I do a full teardown.

'size
5/28/2014 8:47am
tire psi before every ride
shock/fork psi monthly
clean/lube chain when it needs it - usually every 3rd-4th ride
bolt check monthly unless i hear a noise i shouldn't
suspension oil and seals every 6 months
pivot bearings checked yearly and replaced/repacked as needed

living in the desert i rarely actually wash my bikes. just hit them with the air compressor when the dust and dirt buildup gets heavy.
brimmergj
5/28/2014 9:36am
Tire psi before every ride
Every Monday I check air pressure in the fork and shock, wipe and lube the chain, check steering hardware and check torque on all rear suspension hardware-had an issue with stuff being loose back there (insert that's what she said joke)
After any wicked muddy ride, I hose and let it air dry and redo pretty much everything
Full winter rebuild
LKFILMS
5/28/2014 11:00am
Man I used to have a workshop at home and strip down my bikes all the time ,kinda like a stress relief really. now Ive moved from NZ to London as long as its not sounding broken itll do. Its a sad state...

Post a reply to: What's your bike maintenance schedule like?

The Latest