What Do You Enjoy in Mountain Biking Besides Mountain Biking?

6/2/2014 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2014 1:37pm
We all love to ride, but as any rider will tell you, there's more to this sport than just the riding itself. When you're not on your bike, what bike-related activities occupy your mind and your time? Shopping for parts, fixing up the bike, watching vids, shopping for parts, the camaraderie, reading a mag, shopping for parts, hanging at the shop talking about bikes, washing the bike, shopping for parts, taking pictures of your bike, having pictures taken of your bike, shopping for parts...?
|
Myers212
6/2/2014 2:18pm
The adventure that lead from riding your bike.
sino428
6/2/2014 2:59pm
Shopping for parts of course..... but after that is working on and maintaining my bikes. Long before I ever started mountain biking I always had a thing for taking things apart, seeing how they work, and putting them back together. Its no different now with bikes. If I'm not riding my bike, the next best thing to me is keeping my equipment running smooth for my next ride.
jbog83
6/2/2014 3:47pm
Hiking the local trails looking for new lines and new trail locations.
sspomer
6/2/2014 4:06pm
the places i would have otherwise never seen if it wasn't for mountain biking
sean08
6/2/2014 7:09pm
Self Advocacy.

As a user group, mtbers have traditionally been left out in the cold. Open space managers saw mtb as a huge risk for user conflict back in the day.

Everyone has had their local spot dozed.

This didn't last long, as people who mountain bike took control of their own destiny. Sol vista is a great example. Public bike parks are an other testament. Gravity logic, progressive trail design, and lots of others consult to provide cycling experiences.

The best part of mountain biking is self-interest that actually benefits the world at large.
6/2/2014 7:58pm
sspomer wrote:
the places i would have otherwise never seen if it wasn't for mountain biking

Amen to that!

All the places I had no reason to visit but for a mountain bike trail that needed to be checked out, or an event, race, whatever.

The planning of trips & rides. Poorly written reviews on the internet, a lack of good maps & directions. Decisions. The pictures, the memories, people met. I know there are other hobbies like this that have the same thing going, but this mountain biking thing is pretty fn awesome.
jony
6/3/2014 7:07am
Trail & Pumptrack Building, Photo & Video.
6/5/2014 6:35am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2014 6:40am
Sitting down admiring my bike for endless hour and wonder how such a beaut entered in my life.... :p
Taking tons of pictures of my bike.. always thinking that there is a another angle of degree I haven't took pic of and thinks is thousands times more awesome.
Always when I leave my house to work... I would tool one quick look of my bike or take a picture of it... just in case I need to look at her while I am at work...
Pictures of my bike compared to my gf on my phone is 1 out of 10... and she doesn't know it...
TSH
10/14/2014 1:37pm
Sitting on the lift or pushing up a good bit of trail to do it again

Post a reply to: What Do You Enjoy in Mountain Biking Besides Mountain Biking?

The Latest