4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

11/15/2011 3:34 PM

Who's from the midwest?

11/15/2011 4:44 PM

I'm not sure if those lines are totally correct...

11/16/2011 10:20 AM

Could it be Hill from Ozzy, Needles from SA and Riffle from USA?

11/16/2011 10:30 AM

Big Bird wrote: Could it be Hill from Ozzy, Needles from SA and Riffle from USA?

Negative. That'd be quite the roster for Morewood United Ride...

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Facebook and Twitter.

11/16/2011 10:37 AM

tstep wrote: I'm not sure if those lines are totally correct...

in the past, these drawings have been quite too the point and only misleading as they have to be.

From what I see, its obviously Souf Africa, the Australian line looks to be Cairns (think Mick), the American line looks to be South Dakota / Wyoming / Colorado area, hard to say. How sick would it be if Bangert came back on a Morewood ride????

11/16/2011 10:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2011 10:45 AM

bstens wrote: in the past, these drawings have been quite too the point and only misleading as they have to be.

From what I see, its obviously Souf Africa, the Australian line looks to be Cairns (think Mick), the American line looks to be South Dakota / Wyoming / Colorado area, hard to say. How sick would it be if Bangert came back on a Morewood ride????

Pretty sure Mick lives in the states, but Tracey might still be in Cairns... Tim Bentley for the African contingent?

11/16/2011 10:47 AM

bstens wrote: in the past, these drawings have been quite too the point and only misleading as they have to be.

bturman wrote: Pretty sure Mick lives in the states, but Tracey might still be in Cairns... Tim Bentley for the African contingent?

maybe they will have separate teams... I have been hearing rumors of an american national/wc morewood team

11/16/2011 10:51 AM

bturman wrote: Pretty sure Mick lives in the states, but Tracey might still be in Cairns... Tim Bentley for the African contingent?

I think you're onto something. Mick / Tracey / Tim. Makes sense. The only badass chick I can think of that rode for Morewood was Lisa Myklack, outside of that, I can't think of any other girls they've taken on...

11/16/2011 10:53 AM

tstep wrote: maybe they will have separate teams... I have been hearing rumors of an american national/wc morewood team

Truth, not rumor - http://morewoodbikes.blogspot.com/

11/16/2011 11:41 AM

Big Bird wrote: Could it be Hill from Ozzy, Needles from SA and Riffle from USA?

bturman wrote: Negative. That'd be quite the roster for Morewood United Ride...

Riffle??? Yeah right! I don't think Riffle would make any big team!

11/16/2011 11:46 AM

Daniel_Villa wrote: Riffle??? Yeah right! I don't think Riffle would make any big team!

He's on Giant buddy. That's one of the biggest/best. Heck, it's even home to the World Champ.

11/16/2011 11:51 AM

tstep wrote: maybe they will have separate teams... I have been hearing rumors of an american national/wc morewood team

bturman wrote: Truth, not rumor - http://morewoodbikes.blogspot.com/

I know who will be on that team...

Lance

11/16/2011 11:56 AM

bturman wrote: Negative. That'd be quite the roster for Morewood United Ride...

Daniel_Villa wrote: Riffle??? Yeah right! I don't think Riffle would make any big team!

bturman wrote: He's on Giant buddy. That's one of the biggest/best. Heck, it's even home to the World Champ.

Seriously... what's your beef with Riffle there Daniel? Seems like from your comment history you're a bit of a hater eh?
http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Daniel-Villa,8632/all

I thought he had some decent results this year, like 14th at Pietermaritzburg. Give the dude a break.

11/16/2011 12:27 PM

bturman wrote: Truth, not rumor - http://morewoodbikes.blogspot.com/

MTB R&D wrote: I know who will be on that team...

yea i know who the team manager is and everything

11/16/2011 1:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2011 2:01 PM

I figured that if Hill was still looking for a ride and might do his own thing, he might have partnered up with friends from the circuit. If "Giant things are afoot." I figured Needles and Riffle might want to stay on the same team. All just guesses based on rumors. Let the future tell us who's wrong.

11/16/2011 2:40 PM

Seriously what is with the Riffle hate?

11/16/2011 5:44 PM

Some people will just always be jealous of a hard working man...

11/16/2011 8:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2011 8:41 PM

What about Needles brother? Hasnt he been on a Morewood for quite sometime now?

11/16/2011 8:45 PM

No I don't hate Riffle, But... I do think that there are way better riders than him that should be with big teams like Giant. And yes I know he is with Giant now but I am not sure how long he will stay with it, specially with the strong young riders coming up. I know that Riffle is super committed, hard worker and more but he is just not in that level.

11/17/2011 7:58 AM

coralcorn wrote: What about Needles brother? Hasnt he been on a Morewood for quite sometime now?

Yes, Jonty rides for Morewood...he even ran a UnitedRide set-up at PMB.

Lance

11/17/2011 8:17 AM

I FIND IT SHOCKING THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO THINK THAT RESULTS AND "BEING THE FASTEST" ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT MATTER IN SPONSORSHIP.

WORKS FOR FREE.

11/17/2011 3:40 PM

BeigeWolf wrote: I FIND IT SHOCKING THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO THINK THAT RESULTS AND "BEING THE FASTEST" ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT MATTER IN SPONSORSHIP.

Where has that come from?

www.CharlesRobertsonPhotography.com If you get bored or have 5 mins spare

11/17/2011 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2011 4:29 PM

Daniel_Villa wrote: No I don't hate Riffle, But... I do think that there are way better riders than him that should be with big teams like Giant. And yes I know he is with Giant now but I am not sure how long he will stay with it, specially with the strong young riders coming up. I know that Riffle is super committed, hard worker and more but he is just not in that level.

CHARLEY- MAYBE IT HAS TO DO WITH THIS?

SPONSORS ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO PROMOTE THE BRAND, GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK ON PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, AND PEOPLE WHO ARE NICE AND HARD WORKING FOLKS. THERE'S NOT A LOT OF ROOM ON THE PODIUM BUT THERE IS A LOT OF VALUE TO BE GAINED OUT OF EVEN PACK FILL PEOPLE ON THE WORLD CUP CIRCUIT (AND EVEN LOWER RACE TIERS ON DOWN TO LOCAL EVENTS).

PEOPLE WHO DON'T GET THAT ARE CHUMPS.

WORKS FOR FREE.

11/17/2011 4:27 PM

BeigeWolf wrote: CHARLEY- MAYBE IT HAS TO DO WITH THIS?

SPONSORS ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO PROMOTE THE BRAND, GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK ON PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, AND PEOPLE WHO ARE NICE AND HARD WORKING FOLKS. THERE'S NOT A LOT OF ROOM ON THE PODIUM BUT THERE IS A LOT OF VALUE TO BE GAINED OUT OF EVEN PACK FILL PEOPLE ON THE WORLD CUP CIRCUIT (AND EVEN LOWER RACE TIERS ON DOWN TO LOCAL EVENTS).

PEOPLE WHO DON'T GET THAT ARE CHUMPS.

Damn. I got all excited because my email notification wasn't in all caps. I'll catch you one of these days! Haha.

11/17/2011 5:53 PM

Don't you guys have at least one rider you are not fan of or that you don't like because, they way he rides, the way he is or any other reason? What is so wrong about saying an opinion?

11/17/2011 7:22 PM

If speed was the only factor in getting sponsored there would only be about 10 riders sponsored in the whole world. It sure would make it difficult to rise to the top sponsored ranks privateering and self-supporting season after season. Some guys may never win a WC race their entire lives, but does that mean they should stop racing?

Why don't you hate on a guy that qualifies 81st at World Cups? That guy is probably sponsored by some company, obviously thinks he is good enough for WC competition and yet he can't make the cut for the top 80! I am sure your negativity would give that guy the boost he needs to qualify and make his dreams come true. But when you hate on Duncan Riffle, a guy that finished 56 overall in the world and 5th overall for Americans in UCI points, it just doesn't make sense. Of course, if you know something he doesn't about how to win races then I am sure he would love to hear from you, and I bet Giant might even pay you to train him in the off season.

In the end, yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion; it is just that no one asked for your opinion and some opinions are best kept to yourself. If you don't like a rider then don't cheer when he goes by on the track and certainly don't buy the products he is representing. But is it not better to spend your time and energy championing your favorite rider(s) than to hate on the rider(s) you don't like? That type of negativity brings us all down in spirits and as you can see totally diverted the feeling in this forum thread.

Now will somebody please tell me where Sick Mick and Slugger are ending up next year?

11/17/2011 7:27 PM

Daniel_Villa wrote: Don't you guys have at least one rider you are not fan of or that you don't like because, they way he rides, the way he is or any other reason? What is so wrong about saying an opinion?

Nice faggy kickout. Come on! Don't you have pictures of yourself that don't look so stupid? That's all I'm sayin! What's so wrong about saying an opinion?

11/17/2011 7:31 PM

kidwoo wrote: Nice faggy kickout. Come on! Don't you have pictures of yourself that don't look so stupid? That's all I'm sayin! What's so wrong about saying an opinion?

Don't make me dig up that video! Haha.

11/17/2011 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2011 7:38 PM

Daniel_Villa wrote: Don't you guys have at least one rider you are not fan of or that you don't like because, they way he rides, the way he is or any other reason? What is so wrong about saying an opinion?

kidwoo wrote: Nice faggy kickout. Come on! Don't you have pictures of yourself that don't look so stupid? That's all I'm sayin! What's so wrong about saying an opinion?

bturman wrote: Don't make me dig up that video! Haha.

Come on, faggy kickout contests™ don't count.

If you put up that video with dubbed in sound of me saying "Riffle deserves no career!!" I'll give you 20 bucks. Totally serious.

edit: actually send it to me, I'll do it. My voice sounds more like me than yours does. This thread needs some sparkle hands.

11/17/2011 8:16 PM

Post a Reply to: UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm