4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

9/19/2011 11:04 AM

is the "giant things afoot" possibly giant picking up cam zink? he's a monster athlete...

as for the latest one, maybe mic hannah and his gal hanging it up? or bryn atkinson and jill?

9/19/2011 11:45 AM

brook is on a 2 year deal with MS- that's for sure. maybe Whiteley is offering a lot of money, but a contract is a contract... bust you never know, whom MW will buy out of his contract next... didn't happened with GM last year, but has happened before

9/19/2011 12:25 PM

piggy wrote: is the "giant things afoot" possibly giant picking up cam zink? he's a monster athlete...

as for the latest one, maybe mic hannah and his gal hanging it up? or bryn atkinson and jill?

zink just signed with Evil so I don't think he would be going to Giant.. though it is a possibility. i think its fairclough cause it looks like hes doin a nac. but then the part about going from rainy worldcups to sunny slopestyle events is kinda confusing. Zink wasn't doing downhill and was already in slopestyle and i don't think that brendog would leave DH for slope.. he can trick but that be like starting anew almost

9/19/2011 1:12 PM

I saw on that other site that Mike Montgomery was with Specialized now..could be old news Im not sure.

9/19/2011 2:45 PM

WC's on TV? HA! best rumor so far...

9/19/2011 2:52 PM

First of all, those are definitely GT wings, no doubt.

Second, the only WC racer I can think of who could go (back) to Slopestyle is Strait...but he's done that already, so that'd be old.

A girl with a cat retiring...not Rach and Affy, is it? Affy going to Enduro racing, and Rach...herding cats?

Fanning the flames. This is like an official troll thread.

9/19/2011 2:57 PM

22 Racing? Hill and Reed, a couple of Aussies that are semi washed up but can still ride. I like that idea. Moto and DH have generally the same fans.

9/19/2011 3:06 PM

Giant would be changing Riffle for Brendog. Cool!

9/19/2011 7:58 PM

mayhaps the first one is leov since he's a twr racer who has never won a world cup and is now in gwin's shadow...

and hanging up the boots could be Gee? he's got a gf and a cat and had a right shitty season -- could be thinking of taking a year off!

9/20/2011 3:29 AM

Yuroshek wrote: WC's on TV? HA! best rumor so far...

World Cups are on TV all over the World sometimes live sometimes not and often rebroadcasted many times. You need to do like your namesake suggests and travel out of the USA a bit more

9/20/2011 5:23 AM

Hanging up those particular striped boots would be Tracey Moseley? - http://www.moredirt.co.uk/photos/57010.jpg
Which leaves an opening at TWR somewhere.

9/20/2011 10:24 AM

I think the first could be Gee hoping for a carbon bike and also mixing up his training to keep up with Gwin. Agree with Scott that it would be Moseley hanging up the shoes. Brook being chased by Martin Whitely and 23 degrees with Yeti joining the party as well as MS EVIL trying to keep him on board for longer. Troy being offered great things by Trek. Sam Hill has shopped around but cant get a better deal than he already has so is sticking with what he has got. Athertons moving to GT.....? As for Giant.... mmmm stuck on that one like many.

9/20/2011 2:53 PM

iceman2058 wrote: OK, now for the WTF moment of the day. The Athertons going to GT????

Definitely the Athertons thinking about going to GT. If you look closely you can see the rider on the left has long hair (Rachael). The rider on the right has a neck brace, after his crash that damaged his spine he wears a leatt now (Dan). And I guess that would leave Gee in the middle of it all.

9/21/2011 7:51 AM

has to be steeve peat hanging up the boots...

9/21/2011 9:50 AM

lmx wrote: has to be steeve peat hanging up the boots...

Thought never even crossed my mind. Isn't Peaty going to race (and kick ass) until he's at least 50???

9/21/2011 10:27 AM

it's either peaty or sik mik...(the jersey kind of looks like the aussie national team)...i'm not sure about a fire place in australia...

9/21/2011 10:53 AM

lmx wrote: it's either peaty or sik mik...(the jersey kind of looks like the aussie national team)...i'm not sure about a fire place in australia...

Except Sick Mic lives in Colorado now... Which would also leave room for an 'addition' to the team. Or three...

9/21/2011 11:49 AM

This must be AC....Anne Caroline Chausson...?

9/21/2011 12:32 PM

Tracy Mosley is hanging up the boots, as the jersey and the shoes have the rainbow stripes. She is the one looking at the TV not the guy which means that the guy don't care about it as her. So it could not be Peaty or some other male racer.

9/21/2011 12:35 PM

Holy moly, Ana Caroline is coming back??? That one is pretty clear for sure! Many World Cup and world champs wins and she is a BMX'r as well! Clear as water!!! Is gonna be awesome to see her back and see what can she do with the new girls!

9/22/2011 5:48 AM

The Anne Caroline one would be awesome! The girl riders I don't think really realize how mean she is.

9/22/2011 9:28 AM

Please say it's so Anne Caroline!

9/22/2011 10:34 AM

Daniel_Villa wrote: Holy moly, Ana Caroline is coming back??? That one is pretty clear for sure! Many World Cup and world champs wins and she is a BMX'r as well! Clear as water!!! Is gonna be awesome to see her back and see what can she do with the new girls!

she can probably slay the new girls... imho. hope we get to find out.

9/22/2011 11:02 AM

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Facebook and Twitter.

9/22/2011 11:08 AM

Daniel_Villa wrote: Holy moly, Ana Caroline is coming back??? That one is pretty clear for sure! Many World Cup and world champs wins and she is a BMX'r as well! Clear as water!!! Is gonna be awesome to see her back and see what can she do with the new girls!

piggy wrote: she can probably slay the new girls... imho. hope we get to find out.

Yeah....I don't want this to sound wrong...but this last WC season, I kinda felt the girls weren't really pinned. I remember Rachel from a couple of a seasons ago, she had basically no competition when she was on it....back then you could really tell she came from riding with her brothers and all that...she had some serious speed. This year, with her holding it back (that much is obvious), the overall field looks a bit sluggish. I figure AC has a real shot at reclaiming her crown, and the others are going to have to pick up the pace to stay with her.

I could be wrong. And don't GET me wrong, I'm not saying the girls are great riders, and loads faster than me, I'm just saying that while the men's riding has gone to another level this season, the women look like they've almost gone a bit backwards. Let's see what hte new season brings, and if AC still has it.

9/22/2011 11:09 AM

Really cool thread! ACC rides for Ibis or does she need a bigger company?

9/22/2011 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2011 11:24 AM

beaumont?

9/22/2011 11:22 AM

bturman wrote:

that has to be sabrina jonnier....

9/22/2011 11:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2011 11:50 AM

If only Lopes read Vital he would have known that 5 days ago.

Do you think he can read?

Anyway, it would be a drag to let Mick or Marc out on the the street in favor of an aging and injury-prone Dan Atherton. Especially with no 4X this year...

9/22/2011 12:17 PM

The cat is a dead giveaway on that 'hangin up the boots'

Whoever is making these, big props to them, fun stuff.

We need some 4X cartoons! Maybe one of Boom Boom smashing the keyboard ;-)
Post a Reply to: UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm