4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

12/23/2012 12:33 PM

Big Bird wrote: Martin Whitely was pretty pissed off about Gwin's brake break at world champs. It could be Sram luring the team away from Fox Shimano. I'm sure that they were plenty bummed to lose the Syndicate and are looking for another high profile team.

astrizzle wrote: That makes alot more sense than him going to Specialized (as much as I would want him to go there!!! lol) I wonder if he will stay with Fox or do the whole sram package....

If he went to Sram I assume he'd have to do the whole package. They usually try to get their athletes to do that. Not a lot of teams running Sram and Fox out there.

In other news, Hill to CRC/Nukeproof is now public. Didn't believe it until now.

12/24/2012 5:44 PM

New one out yesterday. Anybody have a clue? https://twitter.com/teamrumours/status/283114553531854849/photo/1

12/24/2012 8:38 PM

I didn't get this one at first but now I think I might. That's a holly leaf on a rainbow, so it must be Holly Feniak, who won the Junior World Champs this year. I guess the pot of gold represents a bigger contract? Not sure what the leaf is riding though...

12/24/2012 11:24 PM

anotherbikerguy wrote: I didn't get this one at first but now I think I might. That's a holly leaf on a rainbow, so it must be Holly Feniak, who won the Junior World Champs this year. I guess the pot of gold represents a bigger contract? Not sure what the leaf is riding though...

Initially thought the bike looked like an outlined 'H' to underscore who it was referring to, but perhaps another polygon bikes recruit along with the Hannahs? They'd have men's, ladies, and junior ladies wrapped up. Only outstanding item is junior mens.

1/6/2013 12:22 AM

pro-man-o wrote: New one out yesterday. Anybody have a clue? https://twitter.com/teamrumours/status/283114553531854849/photo/1

I'd say tthis one is for Morgane Charre. She's still in a private structure with a few sponsors, it may evolve with her brand-new rainbow jersey.

1/6/2013 12:25 AM

anotherbikerguy wrote: I didn't get this one at first but now I think I might. That's a holly leaf on a rainbow, so it must be Holly Feniak, who won the Junior World Champs this year. I guess the pot of gold represents a bigger contract? Not sure what the leaf is riding though...

I didn't read your comment before posting mine : good catch ! You're probably right...

1/6/2013 8:44 PM

Does anybody know what Matti Lehikoinen or Duncan Riffle are doing next season? Matti's not on CRC, and according to today's press release Duncan isn't on Dirt-Norco anymore. I'm curious to know whether they'll be racing.

1/7/2013 1:23 AM

The Sensus facebook page just said:

"There is gonna be one hell of an announcement tomorrow in the mountain bike world. It involves the fastest man on the planet and a new team..."

Wonder what that means....

1/7/2013 8:30 AM

I really hope it's not Gwin breaking his contract with Trek. With Specialized loosing Hill, maybe they're offering enough for him to lawyer up.

1/7/2013 9:01 AM

if it is Gwin to $pe$h, then the question about whether Hill left or was 'encouraged' is a different story. Or potentially can be rather

Maybe Gwin doesn't even have to break his contract: maybe his contract stipulates that unless Trek matches or beats any other offer out there, he will gravitate in the direction of the deepest pockets.

As for fastest man on the planet: which world champ is it being referred to? Greg or Gwin? G_whizz indeed.

1/7/2013 6:53 PM

Evidence that something related to Specialized is about to drop is here. Nothing concrete though. My money's on Greg, I have a hard time imagining Gwin breaking his contract with Trek so soon after resigning.

1/7/2013 7:31 PM

All of the sudden I tend to think on Josh Bryceland might be the one.......dunno...

1/7/2013 8:07 PM

Gwin fucking everything up! mountain bike industry illuminati

steeze or die.

1/7/2013 11:37 PM

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Facebook and Twitter.

1/8/2013 2:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2013 2:49 AM

hold the phone. this from martin whiteley:

"The last several weeks have been a very difficult period for our company as owners of the Trek World Racing program. Despite the fact that on August 9 of last year, Aaron Gwin signed a legally binding Letter Of Intent with our team for the next three seasons, his agent wrote an email to the team in mid-December stating he had decided to race for another bike brand. Mr Gwin confirmed his agreement with our team in public statements, and he and his agent repeatedly confirmed the existence of, and commitment to, the agreement in written correspondence with us. Yet, only weeks before the team was required to submit the official team roster to UCI, Mr Gwin informed the team that he was abandoning TWR in total disregard of his contractual obligations.

The team reached out on several occasions in December in order to try and remedy whatever concerns Mr Gwin had, but these were ignored until the team received a letter from his Attorneys on December 27 stating he would not ride for our team. In the interests of the team and our sponsors, we are actively pursuing all options open to us at this point, including legal action, and remain completely surprised by Mr Gwin’s unprofessional actions.

Team Director Martin Whiteley says: "This has not been an easy time for us. In the bigger picture however I find positivity in the fact that the Trek World Racing program will continue regardless of the outcome of this dispute, as no single rider is bigger than the team as a whole. Every rider who has been on our Downhill program has had the best years of their career with us, and we will continue to bring on talented riders. The team has a history of helping riders win who had not previously won, including Aaron Gwin. It’s our intention to continue that type of record with new talent. I would personally like to acknowledge the complete support and loyalty we’ve received from our title sponsor Trek Bikes who have been unwavering in their commitment to the program since this news broke. In the interests of the fans, we hope this matter will be resolved sooner rather than later"."

1/8/2013 8:26 AM

Now this is puttin me to think....I truly believe that Brook is going to TREK....

1/8/2013 8:29 AM

1/8/2013 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2013 11:14 AM

Well, I guess we now know that Martin Whiteley isn't the stylus behind Team Rumors. I can't believe that he'd draw a cartoon about his own team issues.

1/8/2013 12:30 PM

now more than ever, it makes sense that Steve Smith will move to TWR... he deserves a top deal also... and Devinci doesn't have the purse of TWR...

As for the man or "team" behind the Tweet account Team Rumours... if I had to say something crazy, I would say it's the guys from Dirt Magazine!!! They are inside, they have the contacts, and simply by doing this they're avoiding publish rumors that might put them in trouble if they'd publish it in the mag... so with this tweeter account... they keep the market moving... during the winter... our silly season... :D

1/8/2013 12:39 PM

mmendes888 wrote: now more than ever, it makes sense that Steve Smith will move to TWR... he deserves a top deal also... and Devinci doesn't have the purse of TWR...

As for the man or "team" behind the Tweet account Team Rumours... if I had to say something crazy, I would say it's the guys from Dirt Magazine!!! They are inside, they have the contacts, and simply by doing this they're avoiding publish rumors that might put them in trouble if they'd publish it in the mag... so with this tweeter account... they keep the market moving... during the winter... our silly season... :D

i doubt he'd be posting pics of his 'princess' if he was moving on - i don't think he's going anywhere.
twitter

1/8/2013 1:02 PM

mmendes888 wrote: now more than ever, it makes sense that Steve Smith will move to TWR... he deserves a top deal also... and Devinci doesn't have the purse of TWR...

'size wrote: i doubt he'd be posting pics of his 'princess' if he was moving on - i don't think he's going anywhere.
twitter

I agree with you, but right now, it's time to Captain 23 Martin Whitley start to think in options... and who knows if soon he doesn't send a proposal that Steve can't refuse??? Until the first WC 2013 there's plenty of time... and the game's not over.

1/8/2013 1:22 PM

It is a great opportunity for many riders, there are only a few with as good or better a support than TWR. Unless there is something going on over at TWR that isn't quite right. Not sure what Gwin is suggesting but it seems there is more to the story than just a letter of intent and more $ from Specialized.

1/8/2013 1:50 PM

anotherbikerguy wrote:
Another new one.
I'm guessing the snake is supposed to be Specialized since it forms an S, and the king in the clouds is probably Trek (logo in the trident). My first guess would be Specialized trying to tempt Gwin away from Trek, because the imagery fits with Gwin being a religious guy. But Gwin already announced he's staying with Trek through 2015 (here) so that doesn't quite make sense.

now this makes total sense, and the god with the Trek trident looks like Martin Whitley himself, the TWR team manager!

1/8/2013 6:23 PM

Took a few laps with Stevie today. Still very happy on his Devinci

1/8/2013 6:28 PM

bturman wrote: Took a few laps with Stevie today. Still very happy on his Devinci

Please tell me you have some helmet cam footage or something following these guys. That must have been awesome!

1/8/2013 10:16 PM

bturman wrote: Took a few laps with Stevie today. Still very happy on his Devinci

canadmos wrote: Please tell me you have some helmet cam footage or something following these guys. That must have been awesome!

Seriously, I'd bet a few whips happened.

1/8/2013 10:27 PM

CRFRDH wrote: Now this is puttin me to think....I truly believe that Brook is going to TREK....

i agree

1/9/2013 2:09 AM

until the day he'll receive a phone call... I'm not saying that it will happen, but it's a possibility!!!

1/9/2013 2:17 AM

When are the Hannah's going to sign with TWR?

1/9/2013 1:00 PM

Ruaridh Cunningham on Polygon?
Post a Reply to: UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm