Timberline Lodge in Oregon Wants Your Input

k.shiz
4/8/2010 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 9:54am
Timberline Lodge Resort is looking expand their mountain bike operations and would like your support and input. Tell them what you think.

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/mountainbike/

"We have contracted with Gravity Logic, a consulting firm out of Whistler, British Columbia to design and develop our mountain bike trail plans. Gravity Logic is the creator of the world-famous Whistler Mountain Bike Park that has earned the position of being the gold-standard by which other mountain bike areas are measured.

CURRENT TIMELINE (*Subject to change)
Project Scoping :: Now
Phase 1 Build-Out :: Fall 2010
Trails Open :: Summer 2011"

(Click To Download Flyer!)
|
bturman
4/8/2010 3:33pm
Trails style dirt jumps, please. I'm talking in the trees, turny, bermy, up and down, creative jumps. Too many resorts have the same old six pack design. Step it up!
THIRTYone
4/8/2010 6:17pm
I think we need some really good and real downhill tracks. All the speed and technical aspects of skibowl with some FAST lifts! its perfect! maybe even a world cup class DH course. and of course the a line style but maybe varied with some wood obstacles. The possibilities are endless! the terrain seems like it should be amazing! cant wait to hear what other people think
4/8/2010 6:39pm
Variation is key and i think they'll hit it on the head with Gravity logic helping in the process.

i really like the idea of a world cup course up there... man that'd be sweet.

Anyway i'll buy season passes for my entire family. I'm so stoked for this... well done timberline.
scriz
4/8/2010 7:52pm
So great! This would be a dream come true. I'll pre-order a pass right now.
MmmBones
4/8/2010 8:55pm
This is a dream come true.
DBibbins
4/8/2010 11:14pm
There's enough DH shit around the Northwest to keep everyone happy. What we need is a Highland-esque bike park. Slopestyle Trails everywhere. Utilize the unique Geographic features that Hood is known for (ie: rolling gullies/hills). Ski-Bowl is closer to town, has plenty of DH, and no jumps. Give people the reason to drive the extra few miles. BUILD JUMPS. Northwest slopestyle is dying, BRING IT BACK.
4/8/2010 11:51pm
Smooth, well-groomed, flowy trails with a variety of jumps and go-arounds for beginners. Not everyone has a DH bike, so it would be great to be able to rock a hardtail on some of the trails. A hardtail in Keystone is ROUGH...just keep some trails well groomed with minimal rocks. Whoops and rock gardens are fine, but loose baby heads are where the fun ends. Lots of airtime and transfer/jump options are where it's at. They will surely keep things fresh. Also, a super slalom would be great for any kind of bike, and everyone loves to see how they stack up against their buddies without paying high race fees.
LoosePoke
4/9/2010 9:18am
I think we all would agree that ANYTHING would be a great start, once that first shovel hits dirt it's on.

But for this scoping period letting the below people know how much this is wanted is HUGE. Steve Kruse, who is listed below is the GM of operations @ timberline, so emailing him does 2 things: (1)shows that there are people waiting to hand over credit cards for passes (2) feeds him direct information as to how us the users want to see it.
Be sure to mention how good of stewards we all are to the trails, Steve wrote me back and mentioned that was a great thing to put in front of the FS folks!

Email:
skruse@timberlinelodge.com
mmalone@fs.fed.us

Let's make their heads spin!
noparking
4/11/2010 2:19pm
I would give up my first born child for some good DH lift accessed trails. Nice and flowy. Hell I'd buy a season pass right now.
Max Muir
4/11/2010 6:03pm
Bring more freeride/slopestyle. Make something oriented around that kind of riding. Make like a bunch of trails with stunts and jumps. There is a lot of dh, so more jumps would be sick. Like Dylan said, somethin like Highland MTB park. Having that being lift accessed would be so sick.
Hangtime
4/12/2010 9:47pm
This is some of the best MTB news to hit our area in a long time. My letter wen off to Steve. I'm just waiting to pre order my pass now.

Post a reply to: Timberline Lodge in Oregon Wants Your Input

The Latest