Sram 746 Hub Problems? SantaCruz

9/23/2015 8:52am
Did you ever get this resolved or figure out what the problem was ?. I just picked up a nomad with these hubs and having same issue. Thanks.
9/23/2015 10:38am
Yeah I figured it out, junk is what I was told, by two different bike shops...ride it until they fail and just upgrade is what I was told. I figured so much, although hoped I would get more than 20 miles without them starting to fail...WTF, I mean, I have a 1996 handmade GT zaskar, I know LOL, but I'll tell ya $3K back then and the driveline has 2K miles on it and is like butter glassy smooth like new.... Oh also the bottom bracket is creaking/grinding/clicking through the pedals into my feet also after that 20 miles....said the same thing just upgrade it. I'm all about the goodies but would have hoped to get a little mileage out of it first otherwise I would have just bought a frame and built it....heck by the time I buy new wheels and hubs, might as well cause it's really not anymore expensive buying a nice combo pre built than just hubs and spokes and having them laced... Then a new set of carbon 6C cranks with new bottom bracket....I know that isn't exactly neccassary...$100 for CK BB vs. $600 cranks and all...that's on me, but WTF might as well just do it right. I'm talking an easy $1400+ upgrade. I've already got $3500 wrapped up in this chameleon gonna be 5K by the time I'm done.....although I must say its the best trail bike I've ever ridden..with the Pike fork she's a nice little down hill ripper for the flowy park trails. Actually outside the 20 trail miles all she's done is go downhill..LOL. Dozens of chairlift rides..LOL

Post a reply to: Sram 746 Hub Problems? SantaCruz

The Latest