Ray Petro of Ray's MTB Park Suffers Broken Neck

Related:
sspomer
Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 8:26am
UPDATED
Ray has a GoFundMe page started. Please help
RAY PETRO'S GOFUNDME PAGE

The man behind Ray's MTB Parks took a spill riding his local trails and the crash resulted in a broken neck. It was a scary situation but after some surgery, things are looking good.

Please leave your encouragement for him here or his on FB page and if you know of fundraisers or methods of support, post them here. We want to rally around the man that rallied around mountain biking in the Midwest with his visions of awesome indoor bike parks! Everyone at Vital wishes you a speedy recovery, Ray!

From Ray's Facebook page
-------------
Hello Riders....

While riding at Royal View, Middle Red, I lost the front end after slipping on some leaves and crashed into a tree. I knew I was in trouble when I was laying facedown in the leaves and I wasn’t able to move. I laid there crying thinking I was going to die. After about 15 minutes I was unable to catch my breath and then a woman jogger found me. She figured out how to get back to the road to get help.

All I remember are brief glimpses of being in surgery and then waking up in the hospital.

My neck was broken at C5 and C6 vertebrae. The doctors tell me that everything is looking good and I am starting to get some feeling back. With a lot of work I should be able to get back to some sense of normalcy.

Please remember we ride for fun. There is no reason to risk your life for a few seconds that no one will ever know about.

Now that I am starting to feel better, I’ll start posting more updates.

Thanks for all your love...
Ray
-------------

|
adrennan
10/11/2017 12:59pm
scary. injuries of that magnitude are a risk we sign up for when we get into this sport. always very humbling to hear about these kinds of injuries.
gtbikes
10/11/2017 4:04pm
The guy has done so much for the sport in Ohio I really hope to see him back riding the local trails soon
bturman
10/11/2017 5:39pm
Ray, I've traveled across the country many times to ride your creations. What you've built and the pure joy each unique feature gives riders can fuel us for entire days without food or breaks. I wish you the best. Soon enough you'll be ripping your favorite wooden turns again. We're all pulling for you!
mogey
11/8/2017 7:37pm
Hey ray, sorry to hear. Unfortunately, I too just did what u did 2 months ago. I’m still pretty numb in my arms and very weak. Hope both of us recovery well! Keep us updated on progress
T-Dawg
11/9/2017 7:30am
How come Pinkbike hasn't picked up on this story?? They have a way bigger readership........theoretical with more money
mogey
11/9/2017 8:26am
No idea! T dawg! Does anyone know what kinda movement ray has at the moment?

Post a reply to: Ray Petro of Ray's MTB Park Suffers Broken Neck

The Latest