- 29590 Ladavis83 http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/29590/avatar/c50_IMG_2838_1399662456.jpg?1399661722 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Ladavis83,29590/all 02/06/14 13 1 3 11
- 6576 Big Bird http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/6576/avatar/c50_SmileySmall.jpg?1320728633 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Big-Bird,6576/all 02/01/11 6 28 629 1927 12
- 23092 ezduzit http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/23092/avatar/c50_esummit_1374694330.jpg?1374694080 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/ezduzit,23092/all 03/25/13 19 35 5 2
- 8 toddtoth http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/8/avatar/c50_80281560_1266883322.jpg?1290149909 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/toddtoth,8/all 07/23/09 4 43
- 13343 Danimal5-0 http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/13343/avatar/c50_DSC01293.jpg?1351194974 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Danimal5-0,13343/all 02/15/12 1 5 12 3
- 31126 Rnauth1418 /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Rnauth1418,31126/all 05/28/14 2 1
Opinion on fixies?
They are bad for climbing (no gears), bad for descending (limited by crank rpm), bad for stopping fast (no hand brakes), etc...
Side note: if you are trying to join a fixie crew then disregard my comments, you will need a fixie.
Oh I will most definitely be running brakes. That is irresponsible I agree. I will mainly be using it for fitness anyways.
Big Bird wrote: Once a pretty girl stepped out in the street in front of me while was riding very fast. I did a twenty to thirty foot nose wheelie and stopped just in time to kiss her on the cheek. On a fixie I'd have creamed her. Same thing with brakeless freewheel bikes. It seems all of a sudden that it's just not cool to have a brake on a BMX bike. That's just stupid and irresponsible.
I have riden some of his fixes and you really have to get your gearing dialed. Luckily he had a ton of gear combos to choose from so I was able to set it up for the road I would be riding. But if you're off by even a few teeth it can mean you're pushing instead of riding up hills.
I don't recommend it at all.