Interesting Terraplane DH Bike at Bootleg

sspomer
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 4:42am

Wentz snapped some shots of the Terraplane DH bike which has a unique single pivot layout and design. Here's what Steve wrote - There is a nylon block/spacer inside the shock's pushrod system that eliminates side to side flex. The pushrod links have a low-friction anodizing and are teflon-impregnated as well. Super stiff laterally but with the vibration qualities of steel. 37 pounds complete. Every front end is custom made to order, and this one exactly replicates a yt tues size large front triangle.

a quick search brought up their site w/ some more pics and info about it...pretty cool - http://terraplanebikes.com/index/#/terraplanedh/
|
Big Bird
1/16/2016 5:05pm
I like this too. Durability and ease of replacement of the slider thing are the only limits here. I'm a single pivot for life kind of guy. Good things are happening.
Big Bird
1/16/2016 5:07pm
It looks a bit Bicycle Fabrications/SWD style. Any connection? Or is that just that steel look?
Big Bird
1/16/2016 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 7:12pm
Bicycle Fabrications is now Terraplane Bikes
We need a masculine version of "You go girl!" How 'bout "Blaze on Dude/Man!" Hank is a cool dude with a solid head on his shoulders. If I couldn't make my own, I'd be buying his. Hey Hank, if you can source a pull shock anywhere, I've got a nice high pivot design I'd love to share with you. My SWD shop era DH bike is still going strong. Thanks for the save from the Justin debacle. How 'bout "You Go Bro!" May you sell many more.

Big Bird
1/16/2016 7:32pm
I support the anti carbon. Nice straight, clean, steel tubes. They're all we need. Just ask Nico V....Or Hank.

Post a reply to: Interesting Terraplane DH Bike at Bootleg

The Latest