HELP. Headset broke off in head tube

Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 10:26pm
My headset snapped off in my head tube...I thought my steering has been feeling even tougher than my moto with steering damper.

What do I do? I guess I will just hammer it out from above.

Has this happened to anyone else is my main question here.

It is the bottom cup.

Always something,

Jobless Shawn
|
Simcik
1/24/2010 7:18am
Yes, I had a Chris King do this. If you do not have the proper headset removal tool, take it to a shop so you dont damage the headtube when popping it out. Have them check your headtube to ensure its not ovalized.

This can happen over time or from a pretty abusive hit. Obviously time for a new headeset though. Is this on your Moorewood? Which headset was it? I had a problem with another King doing this, went to a FSA Pig DH and its been great, cheap, strong, tough, but heavy
bturman
1/24/2010 9:08am
Hammer time! Just pound it out with a big screwdriver.
1/24/2010 10:37am
So what you're saying is that you need to fix your headset? I have some friends who seem to have chronic headset problems, they usually just burn and it seems to go away..
Leete
1/24/2010 10:55pm
yeh i reckon u should just use the hammer of persuasion and bar of persuasion like ghetto fixing shit is where its at as u know how it all works haha. thats how i found out every piece of a bike but it was a bit more costly as over time this method just really doesn't work. hammer and screwdriver doesn't work on the bottom bracket that is the only place where it didn't work. like when ya back wheel is fucked from bending hit it on the ground or if u are like me and cant quite get it off heaps well u just kick it haha
1/25/2010 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2016 10:18am
Yeah, it was an FSA Orbit Extreme Pro in a Morewood Ndiza... Well, at least I know not to go to king....I will probably just throw a shit blaster on there to save some money in the short term.

I will definitely try the hammer method if the local shitty bike shop wants to charge for removal.

I'm glad to know this has happened to others besides me.

Post a reply to: HELP. Headset broke off in head tube

The Latest