Bought bunk brakes

JoelZ
Recently I bought a pair of XTR brakes from a private seller on another unnamed website. I was told they were Shimano XTR M9020 Trail brakes but the photo showed different. There was no reach adjust knob, so I asked him about that and he just said they were the m9020, and in the ad they were described as "In great condition ". The picture was removed which was odd because none of his other items he had sold were taken down. I ended up getting XTR m987 front brake and a XTR m985 rear brake with some road rash on the lever. Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated, I'm not trying to cause problems I just feel like he totally misrepresented the brakes and tried to cover it up by taking the photo down when I asked about the missing adjust knob. Any suggestions? Thanks
|
3/8/2017 4:35pm
How did you pay for them?

If you used a site like paypal, or any sort of credit card in the transaction, you can easily get them to refund your money, based on a fraudulent transaction. If this is pb, get them involved, his account can get blacklisted etc.
3/8/2017 4:44pm
Ask him nicely for a refund and offer to return the brakes because he misrepresented the brakes in the ad. If he doesn't respond or comes back saying you're in the wrong, not him, hopefully you paid with PP or credit and can contest the payment. Maybe mention to him that's your next course of action if he responds negatively to your initial email.
JoelZ
3/8/2017 9:27pm
Hopefully just asking him for a refund will work, I'll try that first then PayPal. That sounds like a plan. Thx

Post a reply to: Bought bunk brakes

The Latest