Bike vs Bike - Santa Cruz Bronsons of Iago Garay and Mark Scott

sspomer
2/12/2016 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2016 11:17pm
Iago Garay and Mark Scott are ripping Santa Cruz Bronsons at the Andes Pacifico. Their build is similar, but they have some subtle differences, too.

photos by Sven Martin

Mark's Bronson (Black)
- 36t ring
- Maxxis Minion DHR II
- shorter stem, higher-rise bars
- standard Mallet spindle
- 180mm front rotor

Iago's Bronson (Magenta)
- 34t ring
- Maxxis High Roller II with DH casing
- longer stem, lower-rise bars
- longer, DH spindle in Mallet pedals
- more sag in setup
- 200mm front rotor

Pick your favorite
{poll:257}

|
Big Bird
2/12/2016 3:11pm
I didn't vote because I'm in between. There should be an Other option. Big ring, DH casing. Long High. (I'm super tall and their frames probably don't work for me.) I didn't know that spindle length was a thing. 200/180.

Fine, I'll vote...
2/12/2016 7:49pm
Longer stem? By what, a c*nt hair? Slightly smaller ring, slightly bigger front rotor... Vote is pink vs black... Voted black.
2/12/2016 9:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 9:10pm
Big Bird wrote:
I didn't vote because I'm in between. There should be an Other option. Big ring, DH casing. Long High. (I'm super tall and their frames probably...
I didn't vote because I'm in between. There should be an Other option. Big ring, DH casing. Long High. (I'm super tall and their frames probably don't work for me.) I didn't know that spindle length was a thing. 200/180.

Fine, I'll vote...
Big Bird,

Thank you for reminding me about spindle length. Crazy enough, it matters. I just got the new Mallet E and I now remember they have a shorter spindle which is good for narrowing the stance for tight enduro tracks. I was getting lots of rub and now I know why! I need to swap for the DH spindles!
2/13/2016 2:50pm
Big Bird, Thank you for reminding me about spindle length. Crazy enough, it matters. I just got the new Mallet E and I now remember they...
Big Bird,

Thank you for reminding me about spindle length. Crazy enough, it matters. I just got the new Mallet E and I now remember they have a shorter spindle which is good for narrowing the stance for tight enduro tracks. I was getting lots of rub and now I know why! I need to swap for the DH spindles!
I have DH spindles on my Mallet E's and its the best thing you will ever do. Before I was running the cleats in a terrible inboard position to eradicate rub on the crank arms. Now they are more central and feel absolutely peakin.
chyu
2/13/2016 11:17pm
Was expecting suspension setup, tyres pressurre lile brendawg & mullaly

Post a reply to: Bike vs Bike - Santa Cruz Bronsons of Iago Garay and Mark Scott

The Latest