AutoShock - Linking Your Dropper To Your Shock

Related:
Edited Date/Time 6/22/2017 11:23am
We spotted this interesting device out in the wild today...all we know is that it links your shock's lockout or climb mode switch to your dropper post. When you drop your post, the shock opens, and when you raise your post, the shock locks out. The inventor claims it will work with different droppers and shocks, and is 3D printed...stay tuned for more.

|
3/19/2016 11:34am
I can't say for my riding there's a direct correlation between my suspension being locked out or open and having my seat up or down. Then again, I don't think I've ever used the lockout or even trail settings...
sspomer
3/19/2016 12:29pm
i've officially coined the name - DropShoxâ„¢

the idea has lots of potential IMO. nice work.
Varaxis
3/19/2016 2:35pm
Sounds like what Fox intended with the CTD. I'd speculate they had their reasons for not linking the dropper to the suspension, and why mfgs, besides Rocky Mtn and Scott, didn't link the front and rear susp settings together.

I don't use lockouts for climbs, I use them for managing an inefficient pedaling style that I can't avoid, such as when laying down a burst of power. That may even happen on a downslope, such as when I crest a climb and want to get back up to speed ASAP, maybe to clear a section easier. While it's more often that I put more power out on climbs, sometimes I just want to steadily spin up to conserve strength, and it's much better to run it open in that case.
3/19/2016 3:39pm
I do see some potential but for most of us guys riding trail/ Enduro bikes does anyone actually use the pedal switch settings anymore? I haven't touched the shock switch for years. I never thought pedal switches were any good unless you were on some very smooth fire road or an actual road...?

Post a reply to: AutoShock - Linking Your Dropper To Your Shock

The Latest