Andreu Lacondeguy on a Mondraker

sspomer
9/30/2010 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2014 11:26pm
rampage is under way and photos are getting put out there. lacondeguy is usually on a kona, but these on the Red Bull Rampage site seem to say differently

http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Gallery/Day-2--2010-Red-Bull-Rampage/Andreu-Lacondeguy-whips-it-at-Red-Bull-Rampage-021242910256395?GImageId=1242910229705&imgcount=1#/image-9
|
jpeters
9/30/2010 6:58pm
Woah, didn't see that one coming...
9/30/2010 7:05pm
Well he hasn't been showing up to any contests... maybe Kona got tired of it.
Pete
9/30/2010 7:25pm
Spanish conexión?
9/30/2010 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2011 5:12pm
well the fact that he was 'nowhere to be found' at crankworx but was sitting at the bar drinking during practice for slopestyle seems to be a reason why sponsers changed...

No idea what the story was, and I like the guy's style but if you decide not to show up for the world champs of slopestyle it says something...again no idea what the real story was but if that was it, i don't blame kona.

9/30/2010 7:37pm
Kona dropped him and he is from Cataluña, so it seems like a good fit.
bturman
9/30/2010 7:40pm
Photo by Lucas Stanus

oldmandave
9/30/2010 8:19pm
Haters can hate, but I think it's gonna be rad to see one of the most amazing bikes out there under a rider who used to race national level DH, THEN goes to slopestyle and THEN rides FMX and THEN complains that mtb slopestyle features are too small.

Sounds like the kid was custom made for Rampage.
Pip3r
9/30/2010 9:43pm
hell never be able to barspin that slack HA LOLOL
jpeters
10/1/2010 12:19am
Pip3r wrote:
hell never be able to barspin that slack HA LOLOL
Yep, thats the only reason he couldn't B-Spin that build.
CrazyBacon
10/1/2010 2:56am
If the story is true from what people wrote up there im kinda feeling good that he has a new more serius sponsor, i mean Kona is like one of the lamest companies out there... booring design and way to old suspension linkage on their FS frames. 10 year old kids seems to be their target of customers, i can see why he will be enjoying this bike more and im pritty sure im not alone saying that ill be looking forward to rampage with him in it on the Mondraker.
sideshow
10/1/2010 5:36am
i want to see him 3 that monster.
Krispy
10/1/2010 7:34am
Epic exciting.

Does Mondraker know that 34.78lb build aint Rampage spec?

Please god tell me that isn't an Easton carbon post.

XT cranks.. the bike wll be fine on landings, it's the inevitable ditch your bike and tumble in the dust just to find out your bike ended up........ in a ditch.

Live on Redbull sunday!!!!!!!!!!
Pip3r
10/1/2010 7:40am
Maybe that carbon post is whats allowing him to do such steezed out whips, BOOOOSH!
sspomer
10/1/2010 8:48am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2011 5:12pm
here's the official press release from rasoulution

Andreu Lacondeguy signs with Mondraker and Unit

Munich, Germany, October 1st 2010 – Just in time for the Red Bull Rampage, the bike scene’s wild man teams up with two new brands. For him, no jump is too far and such a thing as too much airtime does not exist. With his tricks, Andreu pushes the limits and continuously takes his skills one step ahead. At the same time, it is really important to him to have partners that think like him. In Mondraker (www.mondraker.com) and Unit (www.unitriders.com), Andreu has found two sponsors who are a perfect fit and can look forward to the coming season prepared better than ever.

During this season, Andreu has once again set the standards on a mountain bike by sending it over 40-50ft. gaps with every technical trick you can think of while filming for the new “We are Family 2” movie. Andreu loves riding bikes and so he needs different bikes for different purposes, whether it is DH, slopestyle, dirt, BMX or even XC, Andreu does it all. Andreu needs many toys and has high demands when he pushes the limits of the sport. The fact that he has fun on more than one kind of bike was also one of the reasons he decided for Mondraker as his new ride: “Mondraker build all different mountain bikes as well as BMX – that way I don’t have to decide for one or the other. My new DH bike barely weighs 15,5 kilos! Plus, it’s really great for me that they are from Spain just like me. Kona was a great bike partner for some years and I’m grateful for their support that helped me get to where I am today, but we all change and sometimes need new challenges, so it is the right time for me to move on.” The young gun from Barcelona will be joining a brand that works with world-class DH rider Fabien Barel. So Andreu will be a great addition for Mondraker to expand their gravity program. The Mondraker Crew is really excited about this new project: “Andreu is now part of the Mondraker family and we can’t wait to accompany him to all the contests coming up. Also, he will help us develop a completely new product line evolving the Zero suspension system in the freestyle category”. For the Red Bull Rampage this coming weekend, Andreu will already be riding with his new DH bike.

The fact that not everyone can keep up with Andreu’s Energy and attitude is not really surprising. At the same time Andreu doesn’t just go for any brand that wants to work with him, it must be the right fit for his style and personality. That is why it took so long until he found a clothing label that suits him perfectly. From today, Andreu rides with the gear from Unit clothing, a brand that has its roots in the FMX and BMX scene and is about as unconventional as Andreu himself. But Unit is not completely new to the mountain biking scene, since they already work with athletes such as Chris Korvarik, Kelly McGarry or Caroline Buchanan. The brand’s claim could almost be describing the rider himself: „In a world where mediocrity reigns and political correctness dictates youth culture, Unit embodies a spirit of resistance.“

After the Red Bull Rampage Andreu will be finalizing his new partners for 2011. So in case you are still interested in working with the absolute freestyle Icon of biking, then don’t hesitate to contact us.
In 2011 Andreu will keep pushing the limits and build his own stunts and projects, so expect some new high-end clips and photos to be released in the next season. He will also concentrate on a few key events with bigger jumps, such as the 26TRIX, Crankworx or other big jump contests.

Post a reply to: Andreu Lacondeguy on a Mondraker

The Latest