2017 Racing Rumors

Verbl Kint
1/5/2017 5:06pm
sspomer wrote:
Norco Factory Racing and Race Face part ways video here http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Norco-Factory-Racing-says-Thanks-Race-Face,32895/ThomasGaffney,10005
Norco Factory Racing and Race Face part ways

video here
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Norco-Factory-Racing-says-Thanks-…
Moving to SRAM (the new descendant line?), perhaps?
Norcowhorum
1/5/2017 8:33pm
On a completely different note, congrats to the US junior hockey team, you guys played hard and definitely wanted it more then us. Now back to rumours haha
Primoz
1/5/2017 9:45pm
LLLLL wrote:
Until you forget to turn it back on like a climb swiItch on a shock...
'size wrote:
then you just make it use preset gps coordinates to turn itself on and off as needed.
just needs some sort of system that engages as soon as you move the pedals, easy...
Because you never move your pedals while riding?
Pat
1/6/2017 1:21am
1/6/2017 2:38am
baronKanon wrote:
Wasn't CCDB the first Öhlins MTB product? Wink
Sure, but I guess they did not want their name on a 2005 Stinky or Demo while being a big player in motorsports and supercars. A 2016 carbon DH bike on the other hand fits just fine between a McLaren and a MotoGP bike. Mountainbikes have come a long way in a short time.
mlr42881
1/6/2017 3:14am
norco factory racing moving to rockshox?? Blenki post an instavid on ig and looked like it said lyrik on the fork
peecee
1/6/2017 3:27am
mlr42881 wrote:
norco factory racing moving to rockshox?? Blenki post an instavid on ig and looked like it said lyrik on the fork

1/6/2017 5:03am
Not sure if anyone on here follows road tech, but Zipp have a free hub that partially disengages when you're not pedalling to reduce drag that would surely do the same thing, maybe we'll see it in SRAM hubs in the future
1/6/2017 5:54am
mlr42881 wrote:
peecee wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/01/06/4664/s1200_IMG_0297.jpg[/img]

it's a pike....and it would not be a surprise since rockshox isn't sponsoring almost no one....almost everyone riding fox and spe gravity with öhlins now...
1/6/2017 6:04am
Anyone notice the trail in the video is one Magnus Manson rides/films on a lot. Could the 3rd guy be him or fellow devinci rider as others have said, Mark Wallace?
mlr42881
1/6/2017 6:18am
mlr42881 wrote:
peecee wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/01/06/4664/s1200_IMG_0297.jpg[/img]

it's a pike....and it would not be a surprise since rockshox isn't sponsoring almost no one....almost everyone riding fox and spe gravity with öhlins now...
Well, obviously now that there is a screen shot we can see.
1/6/2017 7:45am
Official confirmation from Team Specialized Gravity, they're off SRAM and RockShox...more news in 4 days!

PureAgency - Team Specialized Gravity wish you all the best for the new Year !
We really want to thank SRAM MTB and RockShox for their perfect support during these last years. More than a brand, we met great people, and some of them became friends. Al Tino ,you're the man. Guys under the SRAM pit, you offered us some great support !
Thank you also to One Industries and SixSixOne, with Seb Raymond and Gareth Critcher, who supported the Team with great looking gear. We will always remember the Kit for the Worlds in Andorra: that was mint.
This is the end of a great story, but stay tuned for the next big news dropping on the 10th of January 2017...
traildog
1/6/2017 9:49am
Re: specialized, I don't really traffic in rumors but this one seems like a no-brainer, at least on the suspension side.

Maybe something weird for drivetrain like Box?
dirtyberd
1/6/2017 10:13am
traildog wrote:
Re: specialized, I don't really traffic in rumors but this one seems like a no-brainer, at least on the suspension side. Maybe something weird for drivetrain...
Re: specialized, I don't really traffic in rumors but this one seems like a no-brainer, at least on the suspension side.

now that would be interesting for sure! i would love to see it, but i have doubts.
1/6/2017 10:21am
traildog wrote:
Re: specialized, I don't really traffic in rumors but this one seems like a no-brainer, at least on the suspension side. Maybe something weird for drivetrain...

dirtyberd wrote:
now that would be interesting for sure! i would love to see it, but i have doubts.
I think it has to be as they're on Magura brakes so Shimano are pretty much out of the question
1/6/2017 10:24am
traildog wrote:

dirtyberd wrote:
I think it has to be as they're on Magura brakes so Shimano are pretty much out of the question
They could pull a Gwin and just use what they want without sponsorship.
1/6/2017 10:30am
vaqui wrote:
sspomer wrote:
embedded for our pleasure - regardless of if that's troy or not, how sick is that disconnect idea? maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but i...
tweedlove_ wrote:
Anyone notice the trail in the video is one Magnus Manson rides/films on a lot. Could the 3rd guy be him or fellow devinci rider as...
Anyone notice the trail in the video is one Magnus Manson rides/films on a lot. Could the 3rd guy be him or fellow devinci rider as others have said, Mark Wallace?
I said a few posts back this, and it's from a secure font (I think he don't lie to me) " Joe Smith on Norco and Reece Wilson on Canyon...... Wink " So the third rider it's gonna be.....
1/6/2017 10:33am
dirtyberd wrote:
They could pull a Gwin and just use what they want without sponsorship.
Could be.... but I can also see Box wanting to get a big presence on the racing scene being a newcomer to the market.
Primoz
1/6/2017 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2017 12:11pm
traildog wrote:

dirtyberd wrote:
The DH squad seems to be on Formula...

EDIT: it does seem weird to me that a team like SPecialized factory racing (effectively) would go with such a hardware setup...
1/6/2017 1:44pm
Could possibly be Brook MacDonald on the right, if he managed to get out of his GT contract? Considering that its similar to his body shape...
Could possibly be Brook MacDonald on the right, if he managed to get out of his GT contract?
Considering that its similar to his body shape recently and he hasn't been tagging GT..
peecee wrote:
Can't be Brook MacDonald the calfs are to skinny haha
Brook mac is a short ass so aint him
Rb
1/6/2017 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2017 1:45pm
dirtyberd wrote:
Primoz wrote:
The DH squad seems to be on Formula... EDIT: it does seem weird to me that a team like SPecialized factory racing (effectively) would go with...
The DH squad seems to be on Formula...

EDIT: it does seem weird to me that a team like SPecialized factory racing (effectively) would go with such a hardware setup...
Gwin has proven, without a doubt, that you can win a World Cup:

1) Without a drivetrain.
2) With no-name brakes that have undergone significant testing and QC.

Specialized running Ohlins suspension is far more significant news, than Specialized NOT running SRAM/Avid for drivetrain/brakes.
Jorge_dh
1/6/2017 3:07pm
Neko mulally ok yt mob 2017, presentation of the team in february
1/6/2017 3:44pm
vaqui wrote:
sspomer wrote:
embedded for our pleasure - regardless of if that's troy or not, how sick is that disconnect idea? maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but i...
tweedlove_ wrote:
Anyone notice the trail in the video is one Magnus Manson rides/films on a lot. Could the 3rd guy be him or fellow devinci rider as...
Pretty sure that's not Mach chicken
peecee
1/6/2017 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2017 3:56pm
Looks like Keene has still got SRAM cranks on his bike! [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/01/06/4667/s1200_IMG_3328.jpg[/img]
Looks like Keene has still got SRAM cranks on his bike!

Why do people care what Curtis Keene is doing ? It seems to be an american patriotic thing if you ask me lets get back to the real rumours!
matmattmatthew
1/6/2017 4:20pm
Looks like Keene has still got SRAM cranks on his bike! [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/01/06/4667/s1200_IMG_3328.jpg[/img]
Looks like Keene has still got SRAM cranks on his bike!

peecee wrote:
Why do people care what Curtis Keene is doing ? It seems to be an american patriotic thing if you ask me lets get back to...
Why do people care what Curtis Keene is doing ? It seems to be an american patriotic thing if you ask me lets get back to the real rumours!
Ummm...Keene finished 11th overall last year in the EWS. There are plenty of riders mentioned in this thread that I've never even heard of...

Post a reply to: 2017 Racing Rumors

The Latest