2017 Racing Rumors

1/3/2017 7:44am
i doubt they would pull a 2 time EWS world champ out of the circuit to race downhill doesn't make any sense.
With a tight budget, other teams potentially dangling bigger payments and that riders desire is to be racing downhill over enduro ( I think there are...
With a tight budget, other teams potentially dangling bigger payments and that riders desire is to be racing downhill over enduro ( I think there are some recent interviews of him stating that preference? ) I can see the only way Yeti has to keep him is compromising and allowing the handful of downhill races in the mix this year.

On the other hand one interesting thing to discuss is both Neko and Richie being past teammates with Gwin. I could see him wanting to trust prior relationships to poach for YT. Could that be the 4 man team? Gwin, Suarez, Rude, Mulally? Does YT want to conquer Enduro on top of DH this year? Rude doing EWS with some downhill on YT?
he already posted that he's still with yeti for 2017 when he posted the sb6 with the fox 40 on it so i wouldn't think he's leaving yeti and considering he's signed with red bull id say he's pretty set with money lol.... i think at least hahah
Rems
1/3/2017 7:55am
Nozes wrote:
So,with Shaw and Vergier on the Syndicate,we can say for sure that Ratboy is out?
it seems like he's been riding enduro bikes a lot lately. maybe a full enduro team with him on it.
As I said a couple pages ago, in Velovert magazine (the printed version) they say that even if nothing is sure about Josh, he is extremely likely to stay in the Syndicate without racing WC. That would mean he will probably do only photo and video shootings.

And I don't see him putting his dh career on hold to start racing enduro, at least not if he stopped for "carbon footprint reasons".
Tciva
1/3/2017 8:19am
Remy metailler will be riding for cube
ariel151
1/3/2017 8:31am
loosedog lewis has ended his stint with stiff cycles and joystick

could be going saracen
Camber
1/3/2017 8:52am
Lewis Buchanan had is on bontrager tires so trek for him
1/3/2017 9:06am
regarding the Canyon picture: the dude on the right could be Joe Smith since he left CRC Paypal. Maybe, we will see.
depeche4
1/3/2017 9:12am
regarding the Canyon picture: the dude on the right could be Joe Smith since he left CRC Paypal. Maybe, we will see.
Joe is pretty short, this guy looks taller than Rory and Troy. The Wallace thing would be cool, as a Canadian. However, there has to be 2 spots or at least one at Norco.
1/3/2017 9:15am
Camber wrote:
Lewis Buchanan had is on bontrager tires so trek for him
can't wait to see what that dude is gonna do this year. he's gonna be pinned on whatever bike he's on as long as he doesn't get injured..
adrennan
1/3/2017 9:16am
can dh season just start up again? the break has been long enough.
1/3/2017 10:11am
Just think for a second to yourselves...... all these riders chopping and changing teams signing new contracts..... next Christmas is going to be very quiet on the team rumours front.
Primoz
1/3/2017 10:31am
All he does is skids and make sick edits. If you were Saracen and wanting a enduro team there is a thousand riders you would want...
All he does is skids and make sick edits. If you were Saracen and wanting a enduro team there is a thousand riders you would want in it before him.
If i had a bike company someone making skids and sick edits would be high on the list for sponsorship. That stuff brings a lot of exposure, might be even more exposure than EWS wins. I don't remember who won an EWS besides Ritchie off the top of my head (well, okay, now i remember Jared in Colorado), but i very well remember the one up championships from France and Loose almost tearing his penis off in Santa Cruz (hey, it's a memorable sight of the unpleasant kind).
Primoz
1/3/2017 10:33am
Granted, the general suspension geometry (slider and link positions and lengths and all) might well be very similar to the SB6, but i'd say there were some tweaks done, at least to get more travel (though a longer chainstay would help here as well). But the seat is in a different position, so i'd say the geometry numbers were re-crunched a bit in any case.
blast_off
1/3/2017 11:35am
w4s wrote:
Pretty sure Neko Mullaly to YT Mob.
There is an interview from last year (i think) where Claudio is saying he would still be on the team
robertus
1/3/2017 11:47am
w4s wrote:
blast_off wrote:
There is an interview from last year (i think) where Claudio is saying he would still be on the team

At The moment, Neko is still riding a Gambler
1/3/2017 1:41pm
w4s wrote:
blast_off wrote:
Read on the swiss site Ride.ch the riders for the Scott team are on the entry list already. ((?)Meldeliste in german) Mulally will leave the team and Gaeton Vige will race with Brendog.

(http://www.ride.ch/news/neue-teammitglieder-fuer-folgeteams-von-swiss-d…)
beast
1/3/2017 3:02pm
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/01/03/4646/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Luca Shaw out on a Santa Cruz Jackal

Luca Shaw out on a Santa Cruz Jackal
Luca was already riding Santa Cruz bikes this season.
mixmastamikal
1/3/2017 4:34pm
If it had Enve wheels on it and fox suspension I would say you might have something.
Big Bird
1/3/2017 4:56pm
I don't know Mix, that kinda looks like the entrance to Bill's trails to me... That's deep in the Cruz.
1/3/2017 6:58pm
Theory, remi m has been hitting the gym hard on Instagram a lot lately I wonder if he is going to make a push to the WC show. I gotta believe he has the speed...this came to me after an hour on my phone and a glass of whiskey...
sspomer
1/3/2017 7:17pm
Theory, remi m has been hitting the gym hard on Instagram a lot lately I wonder if he is going to make a push to the...
Theory, remi m has been hitting the gym hard on Instagram a lot lately I wonder if he is going to make a push to the WC show. I gotta believe he has the speed...this came to me after an hour on my phone and a glass of whiskey...
in his 17 questions, Remy seems to think he's not cut out for WC-caliber competition. but that was at the beginning of 2016.
1/3/2017 7:20pm
Theory, remi m has been hitting the gym hard on Instagram a lot lately I wonder if he is going to make a push to the...
sspomer wrote:
in his [url=http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/17-Questions-Remy-Metailler,31180/sspomer,2]17 questions[/url], Remy seems to think he's not cut out for WC-caliber competition. but that was at the beginning of 2016.
in his 17 questions, Remy seems to think he's not cut out for WC-caliber competition. but that was at the beginning of 2016.
Yep, I agree...maybe it's just good off season behavior but the sponsor change and the hard workouts seem like something might be going on...I'm probably wrong but that is what this thread is all about isn't it Spomer!
metadave
1/3/2017 7:28pm
He did just have a major injury a few months ago, most likely why he's training so hard, to recover
1/3/2017 7:30pm
sspomer wrote:
in his [url=http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/17-Questions-Remy-Metailler,31180/sspomer,2]17 questions[/url], Remy seems to think he's not cut out for WC-caliber competition. but that was at the beginning of 2016.
I saw once in an interview with Remi that the reason he doesnt really race world cups is that he gets really bad hand fatigue and cant hold onto the bars after about 1.5 minutes of charging.
1/3/2017 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2017 7:33pm
Canyon with Troy in the middle of the picture?? I think we will know it very soon. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/01/02/4628/s1200_IMG_4310.jpg[/img]
Canyon with Troy in the middle of the picture?? I think we will know it very soon.

The left Ruaridh Cunningham?
Could possibly be Brook MacDonald on the right, if he managed to get out of his GT contract?
Considering that its similar to his body shape recently and he hasn't been tagging GT..
KB
1/3/2017 8:35pm
sspomer wrote:
I saw once in an interview with Remi that the reason he doesnt really race world cups is that he gets really bad hand fatigue and...
I saw once in an interview with Remi that the reason he doesnt really race world cups is that he gets really bad hand fatigue and cant hold onto the bars after about 1.5 minutes of charging.
Thats a pretty weak excuse from a guy that lives and rides in Whistler all Summer
peecee
1/3/2017 9:03pm
Could possibly be Brook MacDonald on the right, if he managed to get out of his GT contract? Considering that its similar to his body shape...
Could possibly be Brook MacDonald on the right, if he managed to get out of his GT contract?
Considering that its similar to his body shape recently and he hasn't been tagging GT..
Can't be Brook MacDonald the calfs are to skinny haha

Post a reply to: 2017 Racing Rumors

The Latest