2011 UCI World Cup Filming Rules

sspomer
2/18/2011 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2014 9:01am
from UCI document...discuss - if you don't understand something, here is the UCI contact - Nicole.Gruber@uci.ch

COUPE DU MONDE MTB UCI 2011
2011 UCI MOUNTAIN BIKE WORLD CUP
ON-SITE FILMING REGULATIONS
FEBRUARY 2011
International Cycling Union
2011 UCI MTB WORLD CUP
2011 UCI MTB WORLD CUP COUPE DU MONDE MTB UCI 2011

2011 UCI Mountain Bike Events – On-site filming Regulations

1. 2011 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup

1.1 Trade Team Video operators
----------------------------------------------------
- One video operator per team/race
- No restriction (location or time) on practice filming
- Accreditation is necessary for elite races (form to be signed; bibs and camera stickers given out)
- Bibs/camera stickers have to be worn/fixed at all times* during elite races
- Restrictions (location and time) on elite race footage
- DH / XCO / 4X race runs must only be filmed within the foreseen area(s)** for video operators;
- Max 10 minutes of race footage per discipline can be used for Team videos; focus shall be on team
riders (e.g. action shots) and not on the event itself

1.2 Commercial Video operators
- One video operator per website/company
- No restriction (location or time) on practice filming; any video operator will have to sign a declaration in which
he/she commits to only film during practice;
- Accreditation is necessary for elite races (form to be signed; bibs and camera stickers given out)
- A sub-license from the rights holder for the use of any race footage is necessary; prices are calculated on a
per minute rate up to 10 minutes; packages prices apply for a larger extent; respective contacts are given by
the UCI
- Restrictions depend on individual agreements with the rights holder

2. 2011 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships Champery

2.1 Trade Team Video operators
- One video operator per team/race
- A fee of EUR 800,- is charged per video operator to film at the UCI MTB WCHs
- No restriction (location or time) on practice filming
- Restrictions (location and time) on elite race footage
- DH / XCO / 4X race runs must only be filmed within the foreseen area(s)** for video operators
- Max 3 minutes of race footage per discipline can be used for Team videos
- Trade teams or related video operators can acquire a sub-license from the rights holder if the use of
extended footage is desired; respective contacts are given by the UCI

2.2 Commercial Video operators
- One video operator per website/company
- No restriction (location or time) on practice filming; any video operator will have to sign a declaration in which
he/she commits to only film during practice;
- A sub-license from the rights holder for the use of any race footage is necessary; prices are calculated on a
per minute rate up to 10 minutes; packages prices apply for a larger extent; respective contacts are given by
the UCI
- Restrictions depend on individual agreements with the rights holder
Contact for accreditation / filming requests / sublicensing requests: Tobias Friedrich (tobias.friedrich@uci.ch)
* Course marshals are instructed to control that only cameras holding a camera sticker and only cameramen
wearing a bib move in the event area! Moreover, marshals are instructed to control that videographers move
in foreseen areas only.
Violations will be noted by course marshals and respective actions will be taken by the UCI!
** The dedicated area will be defined by the UCI delegate in cooperation with the UCI TV production partner
A kick-off meeting for videographers will be held at the first UCI MTB World Cup in Pietermaritzburg. More
information on location/time will follow.
|
Charleyboy14
2/18/2011 12:47pm
What will the Parkins do if it is only 1 person per company? I personally think every video person should go on strike. some times the UCI can be retarded
BikeRider
2/18/2011 1:15pm
What is the purpose of these rules?
rusty
2/18/2011 1:20pm
The UCI really are a joke, aren't they? I think the entire MTB community should boycott the World Cup and we should start our own governing body that actually gives a damn about MTB (and cycling, for that matter).
2/18/2011 1:51pm
800 Euro per camera operator??? 3 min max for team footage per discipline??? Commercial operators can only film during practice??? This must mean ESPN is coming in and covering events for prime time! Do they think people are making 6 figures selling race videos??? What a joke!
800 Euros...UCI should pay that to anyone willing to come out and shoot footage and produce videos that promote racing.

Looks like its time for a Tea Party.
sspomer
2/18/2011 1:56pm
the fee to film at world champs is the same as last year.
sideshow
2/18/2011 4:12pm
people get around this rule by not standing in the "media zone" - a 2+ foot buffer zone between the track and the spectator's spots. or this is at least what i understood from last year. this is just dumb in general for too many reasons to name though.
samoakes
2/18/2011 4:46pm
I for one will be breaking these rules, as far as I could take from that is they can't stop you if it isn't for a team or company/website.

They are hilarious though.
scottyl
2/18/2011 5:07pm
It doesn't say if I can have my wang hanging out while filming or not. I'm gonna go with it's okay.

The douchebaggery over at the UCI gets worse every year. Downhill's not an olympic sport, why not do away with these euro-centric lycra clowns?
LKFILMS
2/18/2011 7:36pm
What will the Parkins do if it is only 1 person per company? I personally think every video person should go on strike. some times the...
What will the Parkins do if it is only 1 person per company? I personally think every video person should go on strike. some times the UCI can be retarded
The parkins will be ok. One works under the trek banner one under dirt magazine and bam! Loop hole.
It's the other guys filming for multiple teams.
Scott_Townes
2/18/2011 9:45pm
i just hope that all that money made from this eventually gets back into the hands of the riders through larger and more expansive prize purses.
whitetux
2/19/2011 1:32am
These restrictions seem completely pointless, I mean apart from the 800 euro fee at the champs, I do not see anything that the UCI can gain from this
tomgrundy
2/19/2011 4:35am
Whats the reason for this? are the UCI selling there footage to some big network?
If so, I can see why they want exclusivity on the race footage, but it will actually lesson the amount of people seeing the sport if web video's and DVD's can't thrive!
Kusa
2/19/2011 7:53am
Rumours says that for the next year, you can use just only one pack of batteries per day, your memory card must be under 4gigs and you need to pay fees if you are gonna to use "UCI, trade cycling team, world cup,..." or any of these words in your video subtitles, web pages, tweets and tags for photos.
amado
2/19/2011 12:35pm
UCI HATES YOU
veeae
2/19/2011 10:52pm
I think the purpose of it is for seling rights to tv channel? They did that at the world champ this year and the tv shows were awful. Are they planning on doing this for photographer too?
2/20/2011 1:46pm
what if they dont register at all and go as a "spectator?" can they still get the shots from where the spectators would normally be standing?
2/21/2011 7:10am
do freecaster have the rights dyu think? they seemed to work very hard @ it previously.... looks like small filmerslike Scott Marshall who did speed kings are fooked - great WC and race dvd in general - http://www.scott-marshall.co.uk/homepage.html

I am positive I remember that Si paton from the BDS is contracted to working with Eurosport this year as commentator on WC DH so maybe this is where the main camera slots will be.....

IF i made films id just say sod it and trounce the rules, although that could welcome some issues later and on release and commercially available....
kidwoo
2/21/2011 8:00pm
sspomer wrote:
the fee to film at world champs is the same as last year.
Yet somehow twice as retarded for doing it two years in a row.

UCI will norba themselves out of downhilling.
2/21/2011 8:26pm
Yea since downhill isnt an olympic sport lets do something else!!!!! Recreation of NORBA!!!
FCTRY
2/23/2011 1:29am
I seem to recall a saying about rules being meant to be broken. The good news is the UCI is so out of touch, I find it hard to believe that they will watch any videos that anyone produces. Carry on...

Post a reply to: 2011 UCI World Cup Filming Rules

The Latest