4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

your dream place to ride

1/14/2010 12:32 PM

Whats your dream place to ride?

1/14/2010 4:01 PM

empty places always stoke me out and trails that have great flow, no cliff edges and good dirt pretty much sum it up : )

what's yours 303?

1/14/2010 4:36 PM

I think thats the beauty of mountain bikes. I don't have to have on ideal place. For example, riding the Whole Enchilada in Moab, you start in the mountains, head up to alpine meadow, descend through dense forrest, end up in the desert and then in a van down by the river.

To me, ripping empty singletrack in the woods, with good dirt is top notch. Nothing beats riding new trail, the feeling of the roost of loamy dirt on the back of my calfs is like none other. Building and riding out in the desert comes in a close second.

1/14/2010 10:24 PM

My dream place is any place where I can disconnect from the real world and only have my wheels in thought entangled with the surround beauty of forest, mountain,plains, or desert. To be soul,bicycle, and earth interconnected as one. And the only real thing going through my head is BRAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!

1/15/2010 1:31 AM

probably a set of jumps that just flow together that are fast and shoot you just up with nice size gaps. Also they have to have some freaking amazing lines just anything you can think of and puttin it all together with a sick ghetto vert wall to finish it off that looks like so much fun

1/15/2010 8:15 AM

the most important thing to me is anywhere with my mates. Nothing better than aving the boys with you and having good craic. Good flowly downward pointing trails not much of a jumper so some sick single track...

Gravity....I fought the law but the law won

1/15/2010 9:20 AM

A little mecca named Santa Cruz (and the surrounding 20 miles).

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Facebook and Twitter.

1/15/2010 9:25 AM

I love XCing in mammoth, been on my bike all around the world and it's still my favorite place to ride.

1/15/2010 11:51 AM

Think it'd have to be a combo of Fruita/Moab, Telluride (CO), Marin, Santa Cruz, and Taheo

1/15/2010 3:11 PM

Anywhere with great scenery and long flowy trails preferably previously unridden.

1/15/2010 4:34 PM

Which ever place has the perfect North Shore a man could as for.

Hardtails can do everything duals can. Well... almost.

1/15/2010 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2010 5:56 PM

I love being in the santa cruz mountains redwoods myself, like no other place on earth

1/16/2010 1:33 AM

secret trails by the oregon coast. i really hate to say it... but dirt merchant to a-line, it is too fun.

1/16/2010 10:29 AM

I dream of riding in the south of france, in wales and in the alps. But there are so many more incredible places, that I would like to visit with my bike, that I can't write them all down here...

1/16/2010 5:27 PM

bturman wrote: A little mecca named Santa Cruz (and the surrounding 20 miles).

Soon enough man.... soon enough

I want to go to: Kamloops, Colorado, East Coast, France, Norway and Switzerland

1/17/2010 7:30 AM

I ask for nothing more than a day with the Allied Compound krew here in Austin. Riding something that you created until dusk then hit a transfer line to campfire and pabst.

1/17/2010 10:54 AM

I35 aka the South Dakota trail aka Mikes trail with Jay, Dave Lee and the Ambroses. I had some of the funnest times of my life there including one of the best snow ball fights of all times

1/17/2010 7:38 PM

^^^That is a super fun trail. After reading December's (?) issue of Dirt mag though I'm going with Switzerland as my dream riding locale. Place sounds ridiculous!

1/17/2010 11:44 PM

A nice flowing, fast single track, with some big ass berms to rail hard. A few drops and jump sections, all with hard pack dirt, rather then the muddy shit in the UK at the moment.

Long Live Camp Freddy

1/19/2010 3:29 PM

Thats so hard to answer, maybe that's a good thing though. Whether its DH or trail riding it can be so different from day to day.

Saying that I fully though Ride don't slide into barber's Chair was RAD this summer.... the last section blew my mind, hahah! Or......Original Sin, into Blue velvet, into in deep, into duffman, into renegade, into dirt merchant rounded off with the GLC, no stopping. In Whistler! oh and Canadian Open.

In the UK my trails on my trail bike. Sheet Dirt jumps and Hindhead tracks.

Thats only so far. I think most places become amazing when your on a bike.
Post a Reply to: your dream place to ride

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm