4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Vertical Earth CLOSED for 2011

3/4/2011 2:41 PM

Vertical Earth Bike Park is now closed, which is a bummer due to it's low key atmosphere and just plain fun trails. I thought it was a stellar first season for the resort, but obviously money is tight...but not too tight to develop a lame ass water park???

Vertical Earth Homepage

3/9/2011 5:26 PM

this. is. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuush. where's everybody gonna race now?

3/11/2011 10:56 AM

I guess Spring Mountain is going to be doing some stuff, although I heard that it's pretty flat.

I don't know how they can shutdown after their first season. Each time I went, there was a race or some type of festival with a bunch of people. Plus, if you take into account a crappy website and almost no advertising, it was a tremendous result. They averaged 60 riders a day which seems more than WISP does...

3/15/2011 3:26 PM

blue mountain's management is a joke. I'm super bummed about this since I live 15 minutes away and bought a season pass for the 2011 season. Focusing their resources on a water park (that will most likely fail) by shutting down the biking seems sort of counter productive, considering they had a refund a good amount of people for their season passes

3/15/2011 4:44 PM

I live 3.5 hrs away and am still bummed. The closest riding to me is 3hrs @ WISP, so this was a far better option. Hopefully Spring Mtn/Launch is better than what I've heard, although the photos/video I've seen looks pretty lame...

Maybe they'll still host the GES Final? The last race is up in the air still...

If you're that close to Blue Mtn, Diablo can't be that far away.

3/15/2011 5:46 PM

diablo is actually about 2 hours from me. Launch is only 45 minutes or so, so I'll probably check it out a few times. Theres other places to ride around here, just sucks going from lift access to walking back up trails or shuttling again

4/25/2011 10:01 AM

Blue is hosting the GES final OCT 2-3

4/25/2011 10:28 AM

I plan on doing all the GES races except for the Vermont ones, so I'll be there!
Post a Reply to: Vertical Earth CLOSED for 2011

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm