4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Shimano Saint Derailleur

3/19/2012 7:15 PM

I want to know if a short cage or medium cage shimano saint rear derailleur would be better if running an 11-32T cassette.
I like the look of the short cage better and it gives more clearence, but will the short cage work smoothly with the higher gear ratio? Or should i get a medium cage?

Any opinions would be great! Would like some advice.

3/19/2012 10:13 PM

Is this for your DH bike? Short cage all the way. You shouldn't have any clearance issues.

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Facebook and Twitter.

3/19/2012 10:55 PM

bturman wrote: Is this for your DH bike? Short cage all the way. You shouldn't have any clearance issues.

Yeah its for my DH, it won't have any issues with changing gears will it, having a smaller arm and having a larger gear ratio on the cassette? I've only had this bike for about 4 months so I'm kinda new to gears.

3/19/2012 11:04 PM

Shimano lists the max capacity for the short cage as 31 teeth. You'll be fine with 32, though. I'm currently running a short cage Saint with a 34 tooth cassette on my trail bike with no issues.

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Facebook and Twitter.

3/19/2012 11:14 PM

Cool, thanks for the advice.
I'm gonna go out and buy a short cage Saint.

3/1/2013 5:53 AM

JASON_MTB wrote: Cool, thanks for the advice.
I'm gonna go out and buy a short cage Saint.

if you going 9spd saint, get m810. if getting 10spd saint, get m820

3/1/2013 4:38 PM

I bought the m810 short cage last year. It has really smooth shifting and works perfectly with my gearing setup.
So glad i bought it.

Thanks anyway
Post a Reply to: Shimano Saint Derailleur

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm