4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Guidelines for adding video?

1/22/2013 12:44 PM

I tried to upload a video to Vital, but it doesnt work. The thumbnail is grey with three dots on it and if I click the link it tells me "We're sorry, but there was a problem with your request. We've been notified and are addressing the issue.
Thank you for your patience."

Is this a common problem or am I missing something?

Cheers.

1/22/2013 4:49 PM

vemdom wrote: I tried to upload a video to Vital, but it doesnt work. The thumbnail is grey with three dots on it and if I click the link it tells me "We're sorry, but there was a problem with your request. We've been notified and are addressing the issue.
Thank you for your patience."

Is this a common problem or am I missing something?

Cheers.

You pasted "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeynKwxZFo8" as embed code, which it is not - that is the URL to the page on YouTube. The embed code on that page can be obtained by going to the page, clicking Share, then Embed, which gives you iframe code. I went ahead and manually fixed it for you and re-generated the thumbnail.

FYI, we are modifying the code shortly to convert pure URLs into embed code, but you should still reference this post so you are aware of what actually constitutes embed code.

1/23/2013 5:47 AM

Thanks for your help! Didnt know about the embed thingy
Post a Reply to: Guidelines for adding video?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm