Duncan Riffle's Downieville-winning Santa Cruz Tallboy with SRAM Eagle 15
Winning the Downieville Classic is a coveted accomplishment and Duncan Riffle is no stranger to trying to earn a victory at the infamous NorCal event. They say "third time's a charm" because after two years of flatting, Duncdawg took the win this past season. His weapon of choice? A Santa Cruz Tallboy in 29er mode with SRAM Eagle. Listen to why Duncan chose the 29-inch wheels and learn what makes up his winning set-up.
- Santa Cruz Tallboy 3, Size XL
- RockShox Monarch DebonAir with stock Tallboy Medium / Soft tune, 110mm rear travel
- 130mm RockShox Pike - 10mm longer travel than recommend for Tallboy to slacken the head angle
- SRAM Eagle XX1 1x12 drivetrain with 36t front ring and 10-50t cassette
- SRAM Rise 60 carbon wheels 29-inch.
- 170mm-travel RockShox Reverb seatpost
- Truvativ Descendant Carbon Bar, 760mm width and Descendant Stem, 50mm length
- SRAM Level Ultimate Brakes with 180mm front rotor and 160mm rear rotor
- Maxxis Tires - High Roller 2 2.3-inch front and Ardent Race 2.2-inch rear with EXO sidewalls
- Crank Brothers Candy 11 pedals