Didn't T Mo retire?
Added a comment about product review 2016 Test Sessions: Felt Decree 3 3/10/2016 12:48 PM
Added a comment about feature MTB Bucket List - 5 Places Dain Zaffke Says You Should Ride Once in Your Life 3/10/2016 12:41 PM
Added a comment about slideshow 2016 Andes Pacifico Day 1 Report and Results 2/10/2016 2:58 PM
This slideshow has 4 comments.
Liked a comment on the item 2016 Test Sessions: Turner RFX v4.0 GX 2/10/2016 2:50 PM
Seems strange to see ' gusset ' looking moldings on a carbon frame.
Added a comment about product review 2016 Test Sessions: Turner RFX v4.0 GX 2/10/2016 2:49 PM
Added a comment about photo 2017 Tantrum Meltdown 9/18/2015 7:50 AM
falling rate to 50% and then progressive rate. Hello, that's called wallow!
This photo has 18 comments.
Added a comment about slideshow It's Electric! The 27.5+ Specialized Turbo Levo 7/5/2015 9:55 PM
No bones about it, this is motorized by most definitions and technically not allowed on most trails and may exacerbate access issues. That said, WHY?
My thoughts on a few issues...
1) Increased erosion? The bike can't roost like a moto. It merely increases one's power output. If the argument turns to weight with the contention that somehow causes increased erosion are we banning 45lb DH bikes too? Most experienced trail users will tell you horses cause more damage than any other form of transport. I'm not suggesting excluding horses, just saying we all have equal rights.
2) Who's to tell? You think some park ranger can tell you have an E bike? Bear in mind you must always be pedaling to be moving up hill. Why is it illegal for me to pedal up at 8 MPH assisted but the guy with great genetics and EPO and blood transfusions for breakfast it's OK?
3) What is the underlying concern? We hard core MTBers need to get off our collective high horse - better than though BS attitude and accept other viable forms of recreation. We didn't and don't appreciate the attitude from the established hiking community when this sport came into being and we should remember that as this new variant blossoms. I am still earning my turns...I can just earn more of them in the same precious time.
Members who like this comment
- 30539 e_video /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/e-video,30539/all 04/11/14
- 10866 cofattire http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/10866/avatar/c50_IMG_2342.jpg?1316791237 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/cofattire,10866/all 09/23/11 9 25 118 1 4
- 34338 deathXsquad http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/34338/avatar/c50_rot_in_hell_final_1425406521.jpg?1425406103 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/deathXsquad,34338/all 03/03/15 4 42
- 542 bdamschen http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/542/avatar/c50_nicehelmet.jpg?1349375485 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/bdamschen,542/all 08/17/09 6 2 20 77 2
- 28544 CallumH http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/28544/avatar/c50_tweaked_DHP590828_1456448416.jpg?1456447991 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/CallumH,28544/all 11/22/13 6 1 1
- 36384 Traysaw /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Traysaw,36384/all 07/06/15 6
- 39083 c2sox http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/39083/avatar/c50_d2b_1453136711.jpg?1453136692 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/c2sox,39083/all 01/18/16
This slideshow has 57 comments.
Added a comment about slideshow It's Electric! The 27.5+ Specialized Turbo Levo 7/5/2015 2:59 PM
Agree with more travel. Really no reason not to make this a 6" bike, not like 1 or 2 pounds of weight matters in this application.
The Rotwild and Haibike XDURO are more like it but the Big S seems to have taken the electronics integration to the next level.
This slideshow has 57 comments.
Liked a comment on the item It's Electric! The 27.5+ Specialized Turbo Levo 7/5/2015 2:55 PM
Love it!!! Finally some non European company gets it. There was hate for suspension when it first came out, in fact there is hate for EVERY new mtb trend when it comes out. I don't get it why there are so many negative nancy's out there but either way it seems...more
Added a comment about slideshow It's Electric! The 27.5+ Specialized Turbo Levo 7/5/2015 10:09 AM
I'm all for it. 20+ years of hard core MTB experience and 10+ years extreme enduro moto experience.
No it's not 'pure' in the MTB/sado masochististic pedaling sense whatever the hell that means. And no I can't do a 100+ mile epic singletrack throttle twisting day on it. This is a different more accessible hybrid.
I MTB 5-6 days a week, 500,000+ ft elevation climbing a year. Face it, the climb to descend ratio sucks. Spend 20+ minutes climbing for a 2-3 minute descent. I'd love to improve that fun ratio and this is a tool that can do it. I could give a sh!t if it's legal, most of the good trails are not to begin with. It also means I don't have to drive 4+ hours each way for good motoing.
Why is it a lot of folks think their preferred form of recreation is superior to others? This is a tool to get more folks out enjoying the great outdoors. NIMBYism will say we don't want more folks on 'our' trails and it may be a bit depressing to see some tubby dude 30 miles out when you've busted your hump for 3 hours to get their but anything that moves more people away from the idiot box and outside is good for society as a whole.
Don't burn it with fire, this is next in my arsenal. Intense T275Factory, KTM 350XCF-W, Specialized Turbo Levo
This slideshow has 57 comments.
Added a comment about product review Tested: 100% Speedcraft Glasses 6/29/2015 9:12 AM
Added a comment about feature Win SRAM GUIDE RSC Brakes - Vital OTB Windham, NY World Cup 8/7/2014 7:10 PM
Added a comment about news blog RESULTS: Enduro World Series, Trestle Bike Park 7/25/2014 5:02 PM
Added a comment about video Dexter Robson - Summer in Squamish 7/17/2014 7:41 PM
This video has 1 comment.
Added a comment about video Vital RAW - Luca Cometti and Crew DH Ripping in SoCal 6/27/2014 11:01 AM
This video has 6 comments.
Added a comment about video Gwin's Race Run at Leogang 6/17/2014 9:01 PM
Testament to the rim, but certainly not to the tire or tire choice. The only flat of the day on a non rocky course.
This video has 21 comments.
Added a comment about feature Formula 1 Meets Mountain Biking in Trek's New RE:aktiv Suspension 6/11/2014 11:36 AM
Added a comment about product review Tested: Galfer Disc Brake Pads and Wave Rotor 4/29/2014 1:07 PM
Added a comment about feature Shimano Open House and Supercross Athlete Ride 3/3/2014 8:55 PM
Added a comment about video 20 Days in California with the Wallner Brothers and Marcus Hansson 2/25/2014 2:19 PM
You're joking right? These guys looked like a couple of Freds on Skidmarks. Awkward and slow. You want to see fast check out the Gwin video on the same trail.
Skidding is not cool, it's poor riding form at best and at worst erodes trails and limits MTB access.
This video has 22 comments.