That was amazing. Well done Vital. This stuff is great.
Added a comment about video QUIZZED: Lea Davison and Kate Courtney 4/27/2016 8:45 AM
This video has 5 comments.
Added a comment about video YT - Tales of the Mob - #4, Cairns Race Recap 4/25/2016 9:35 AM
Unreal. Angel crashes. Doesn't remember the crash and they start looking at his hand?! Obviously no idea how much more diagnostic stuff they did but sure looks like there wasn't much attention to something far bigger...
Seriously, someone needs to raise the concussion question as these events. Culturally, it has to get a bit more attention and understanding from everyone involved.
This video has 3 comments.
Liked a comment on the item Qualifying Action from the Cairns World Cup Downhill 4/22/2016 12:48 PM
Added a comment about slideshow Qualifying Action from the Cairns World Cup Downhill 4/22/2016 11:31 AM
Is Graeme Mudd on flat pedal shoes on mallets?!
This slideshow has 9 comments.
Added a comment about slideshow World Cup DH Action from Cairns, Australia 4/22/2016 7:57 AM
Your logic is a bit off here. Putting on a world cup is already incredibly expensive. The checks the athletes walk away with his hardly a reflection of the total cost to run such an event.
1) Though a neurologist would be ideal, any medical professional trained in post concussive management would work in this situation. The testing protocol Jonty was suggesting is widely used in a number of sports (including HIGH SCHOOL - where the checks are non existent) and far from expensive to implement. Once you have an objective baseline you don't need a specialist to say "yeah, you need to go to the hospital, your tests are way off".
2) The costs of whatever program is decided, spread over all athletes and teams wouldn't be material.
Again, I'm not sure you understand the importance of this problem. I, unfortunately, live it more days than I care to admit.
This slideshow has 4 comments.
Added a comment about news blog RESULTS: Qualifying from the Cairns World Cup Downhill 4/22/2016 7:51 AM
Liked a comment on the item RESULTS: Qualifying from the Cairns World Cup Downhill 4/22/2016 7:31 AM
Gonna have to call you out on that one. Mik is one of the most powerful guys on the circuit...2nd at Pietermaritzburg in 2014 proves that. Brosnan has shown he's not lacking in power...1st in Fort William 2014 with the infamous 'motorway' section.
Added a comment about slideshow World Cup DH Action from Cairns, Australia 4/21/2016 10:43 AM
Jonty Neethling nailing it. There are way too many un-diagnosed concussions out there. Its the rest of your life you are playing with. UCI wants to ban disc brakes from road racing but won't bring a neurologist to the races? Sounds about par for the course for the most ass backwards organization in sports.
Members who like this comment
- 27159 hamncheez2003 /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/hamncheez2003,27159/all 08/30/13 15 104
- 2 sspomer http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/avatar/c50_Screen_Shot_2015_03_09_at_2.10.12_PM_1425936051.jpg?1425935424 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/sspomer,2/all 06/26/09 1341 140 13911 1710 188 938 10 2174 14 27
- 8186 judgerider68 http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/8186/avatar/c50_20160423_165009_1461677870.jpg?1461677414 http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/judgerider68,8186/all 05/18/11 1 1 17 139 2
This slideshow has 4 comments.
Liked a comment on the item First Look, First Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c 29er 4/14/2016 2:47 PM
You make a good point here - a lot of people forget that Boost isn't just about wheel stiffness. Having that extra space in BB/Yoke area (small though it may seem to non-engin-nerds) is a pretty major ingredient in what allows us to shorten the CS's and add enough material/structure to...more
Added a comment about product review First Look, First Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c 29er 4/14/2016 2:47 PM
Added reply in a thread EWS and Santa Cruz 4/14/2016 8:04 AM
Added reply in a thread EWS and Santa Cruz 4/13/2016 1:13 PM
I'm wagering you see Kelly on it before Rude. Not because its not capable but because Rude is SO comfortable on the 6. Why change a winning formula? That said if the course warrants it and he's feeling totally comfortable on it, yup, he'll be on it.
Added a comment about video ONE LAP: Riding the 2016 Yeti SB5.5c 29er in Moab 4/13/2016 10:37 AM
I would happily post my gimbal setup but honestly I can't recommend it. I've broken so many!
This video has 13 comments.
Added a comment about product review First Look, First Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c 29er 4/13/2016 9:04 AM
Added a comment about video The Syndicate at Lourdes World Cup 4/13/2016 8:50 AM
This video has 1 comment.
Liked a comment on the item First Look, First Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c 29er 4/13/2016 8:14 AM
Liked a comment on the item First Look, First Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c 29er 4/13/2016 8:13 AM
Also a good point on your end. I've always been more of a VW GTI/Subaru WRX type of guy vs. a 911. The reaction was as much because even $5600 is well out of my budget. It's even more difficult when you have bikes like the Salsa Horsethief that you can buy complete with X1/XO1 for almost...more
Liked a comment on the item ONE LAP: Riding the 2016 Yeti SB5.5c 29er in Moab 4/13/2016 8:13 AM